Need a push

Options
Ok everyone. I read alot of posts just now and you all are doing awesome!! keep up the good work. This is only my second week and I lost 3.5 lbs last week and was doing great this week (even on vacation from work and packing for a move in a few weeks). Then yesterday, I messed up and today, you don't even want to know the calories i have eaten. I had to take my almost 8 yr old son to his best friends house for 2 days. They have been best buds since they were 3 and his friends parents moved an hour away a year ago so they don't see each other as much, and the boy has a birthday this weekend and wanted him there for a few days. I cannot stand my son being that far for so long and it is killing me. :sad: Then, yesterday I looked online and saw that I failed my algebra test. If I fail the final, I fail the class. :noway: I also have a 3 year old daughter that is missing her brother tremendously, :cry: so to make her feel better, i bought a bunch of snacks yesterday and rented a ton of movies. Guess who is eating all the snacks? :mad: Then I took her out to ride her bike then take the dog for a walk and it was so hot that I put her in the car and we went for ice cream ............Sorry this is so long, but i feel better just having admitted all the eating. Now, I know I should get on the treadmill for 2 hours, but I have to go watch a movie with my daughter. I need someone to give me the kick in the butt i need so i get my behind on the treadmill after she is sleeping. Thanks.

Replies

• cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone. I read alot of posts just now and you all are doing awesome!! keep up the good work. This is only my second week and I lost 3.5 lbs last week and was doing great this week (even on vacation from work and packing for a move in a few weeks). Then yesterday, I messed up and today, you don't even want to know the calories i have eaten. I had to take my almost 8 yr old son to his best friends house for 2 days. They have been best buds since they were 3 and his friends parents moved an hour away a year ago so they don't see each other as much, and the boy has a birthday this weekend and wanted him there for a few days. I cannot stand my son being that far for so long and it is killing me. :sad: Then, yesterday I looked online and saw that I failed my algebra test. If I fail the final, I fail the class. :noway: I also have a 3 year old daughter that is missing her brother tremendously, :cry: so to make her feel better, i bought a bunch of snacks yesterday and rented a ton of movies. Guess who is eating all the snacks? :mad: Then I took her out to ride her bike then take the dog for a walk and it was so hot that I put her in the car and we went for ice cream ............Sorry this is so long, but i feel better just having admitted all the eating. Now, I know I should get on the treadmill for 2 hours, but I have to go watch a movie with my daughter. I need someone to give me the kick in the butt i need so i get my behind on the treadmill after she is sleeping. Thanks.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for 21 days and I have messed up, mostly on the week ends. Big Time!!!

Let is go and start fresh some of the great people on ths site let me know especially in the first month it happens. Start new and move on dont let it bother you. If it helps do more exercise, but stick to the calories that MFP gives you.

A new day you can do it. :smile:
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that messed up so early. You have no idea how much better I feel now. I think the more I ate, the more I felt bad, and so I ate more. Amazingly, I think I am now done with my little eating spree. Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • FitAt47
    FitAt47 Posts: 8
    Options
    I started my program on February 4, 2008. I made steady progress for a few weeks, then on a Sunday I had a huge meal, which wasn't good because my heavy exercise day is Saturday (so I usually don't worry if I over indulge on Friday). Then Monday for dinner again I went way over my calorie limit. I didn't gain any weight, but I didn't lose anything either. It was frustrating.

So I set a new goal of 5 lbs in 30 days. Once I set a new goal in my mind, I felt like I could get back on the horse and ride this puppy into town.

Losing weight--and staying fit--is a life long endeavor. And in life we always have up days and down days. I've come to realize that small setbacks are just that--small detours. I don't let those small detours take me away from my ultimate goal.

And speaking of goals, if you believe in something, and set that as your goal, and know that you will get there, then any setback should not discourage you but should be viewed as only a minor bump. You know you will lose the weight you want, you know you will get fit, you know you will achieve all that you desire. It just may take one or two days longer. :smooched:

Get back on your horse, take a long walk on Saturday. Reset your goals.

You owe it to yourself and your family. :flowerforyou: