inner shin/ankle pain. help!

Options
Since March, I've been dealing with shin splins. (I had my 3rd full marathon scheduled for May). I got an MRI per doctors orders, and it came back clear. (This was about a month ago). I took a few weeks off running, and then I ran the marathon anyways by doing a walk/run split. I know it wasn't the smartest decision, but it happened, and I know not to do that again.

I ended up feeling great after the marathon, I ran 3 times the week after, and 3 times the week after that. Sticking to 3-4 miles. I've bumped it up to 5-6 now. I started to notice that the very inner part of my bone hurts in just one spot. When I press on it, it has a very strong burning sensation. I cringe when I press on it. But it's pressed on firmly, so maybe it's in my head? So I've continued to run, thinking the pain is in my head and that I'm not actually injured. It hurts to run, starts out sore, and just gets worse as I run. By the end of the run, I'm limping, and after I'm sitting down for a while (with some ibprophen), the pain subsides for a while. I've had shin splints before, and usually it's a muscle pain. This feels a lot deeper. I've had stress fracture scares before, but this is a lot different and actually hurts quite a bit when I run and my foot start to ache too when I'm running (on the same leg where there's pain). I'm able to run through the pain, I don't know if I'm just a stubborn runner, or if the pain just isn't that bad. I do have a high pain tolerance. Also, it doesn't hurt much if I hop on one leg once, but it aches if I do 10 hops, and it hurts to go up the stairs if it's a jog. My leg isn't swollen, maybe a little more cushioned around my ankle than the other, but no huge difference. The pain seems to ache even when I'm not running but at very random times during the day, and usually it's BEHIND my ankle, which I find strange. I'm larger boned, and about 10 pounds overweight. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

Has anyone dealt with this kind of pain before? Can you please share your experience? I know you can't diagnose me, as I have a dr appointment but not for a whole week.

Replies