Looking for more friends that are extremely motivating :)

Options
Hi! I'm Shaina, I'm currently a nursing student and need to lose 45+ pounds my fiance is doing insanity and I'm feeling the pressure to step it up because he is looking very good!!! Any friends that are motivational with great weight loss ideas would be loved and appreciated!

Replies

• Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a retired teacher, 40 years, miss my students: . I recommend establishing a walking plan.... free, no health club needed. Get an inexpensive pedometer and aim for 10,000 steps a day...... knowing you will start at 3,000 .... and AIM for more as you proceed. If you do anything too drastic, the weight loss does not last . You are creating a lifestyle.
    Start thinking about what you are willing to give up...... that coffee with two creams... the bag of chips..... the "snack"...... Look at the calorie counter ... and look at what your calorie goal is..... Do not skip breakfast... Include some protein in there. For example.... a slice of wheat toast... or a banana with peanut butter ... may tide you to a 10 a.m. snack ... a hard boiled egg. Eat a salad at lunch time, maybe some broiled chicken skinless. If you read the postings out here.... you might find lentils are filling... Let your snacks be fruit or a crunchy carrot. Don't get bogged down with salad dressings, creamy soups, or white bread.
    Hope that's a start. Stay healthy. This journey is much easier, the younger you are.:flowerforyou: