140 Days: 40 pounds gone

Options
Julie_Donahue
Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
I started (again) on MFP on January 1st after promising my family I would make changes. (My brother was in the hospital in a coma---we didn't expect him to live. After 45 days--including 3 weeks in ICU--he went home. He is making an almost full recovery.)

Today (day 140!) when I weighed in, I was exactly 40 pounds down! I still have 110 (or so to go) but I'm off to a great start!

I do Zumba 2-3 days a week. I have walked/ran over 300 miles. I've completed the C25K program. I never---not in a million years---would have thought I'd be a runner. I run slow, but I run!

On the first Saturday of every month, I have my husband take a picture of me in the same outfit. Here are the first 5.

picstitch.jpg

You can follow my journey at : http://halfajulie.blogspot.com

Replies

• heidiz2
    heidiz2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good job!! I like how you do the pictures once a month in the same outfit. Keep up the good work :-)
  • jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, keep up the good work. I amazed at the amount of exercise you are able to do.
  • JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Great job!!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You are off to a fantastic start! Amazing job. Keep up the good work. I love Zumba can't wait to dance again. The music is just so great that you loose yourself in it. Glad your brother is making a full recovery.
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOOOOOOO....awesome!
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome... great job. Keep it going.
  • ColumnHugger
    ColumnHugger Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration! Way to go and keep up the fantastic work!
  • Losing85
    Losing85 Posts: 26
    Options
    Look at you!!!!! I see a big difference. Great work
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I like how you do the pictures once a month in the same outfit. Keep up the good work :-)

Agreed. The same outfit helps show the difference each month and girl there is a difference in each picture! great inspiration thank you!
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    This is amazing. WONDERFUL that your brother pulled through!

You look fantastic. Keep it up! Im sure you will reach whatever goal you have set for yourself. Way to go.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Great job, you're doing so well. Look how small your waist is getting. I'm glad your brother is doing well.
  • demitraknows
    demitraknows Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    awesome job..go girl
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options

Agreed. The same outfit helps show the difference each month and girl there is a difference in each picture! great inspiration thank you!

Thanks! I've always hated before shots that show someone in something frumpy and ugly pair with the after shots that are all glamourous! I want them to be realistic. Soon, though, I'll have to change my pants for the picture! lol :)
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    You are doing great!!!! Looking good!
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tajasi
    tajasi Posts: 33
    Options
    What an inspiration!!! I'm trying to add moving into my lifestyle. I've heard Zumba is fun I'd probably really like it. I just have to do it!
    Congrats on your progress so far!!!
  • zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Beautiful and inspiring!!! Keep it up.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    great job!!!!!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Way to go Julie! You work hard, and it's showing. :)
  • rebeccat42
    rebeccat42 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great work! Your dedication is paying off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!