2 NSV this week & its only TUESDAY!

Options
ltfitz89
ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
YYAAAAYYY! I've been feeling pretty down on myself because I've been falling off the healthy wagon and getting back on for ~6mo now.

NSV1 - I went wedding dress shopping at the beginning of the month, found my gown & ordered it in a size 12, which is what the sample size was. The consultant didn't measure me and I freaked a bit, called the store, went back to the store, & changed my dress order to a size 10. Consultant assured me the dress would be too small because I have a wide ribcage :/ They told me the dress would be in around July 1 but to everyone's amazement it came in last Friday. Went to pick it up on Monday, disappointed that I hadn't had any time to try to lose fat & tone up, but tried the dress on anyway and IT ZIPS!!!! It's not pretty let me tell you, but if I can tone up a little, the back will look perfect. Sorry if this is TMI but I have some back fat that needs to go before I try it on again! I have renewed motivation!!!! Off the dress went to my aunt's house & the girl that helped me (who is getting married on the same day as me next year, weird right?!) told me to try it on again every 2 months just to make sure if I lose too much weight I can order a smaller size!

NSV2 - Today I went shopping with my future Hubby & bought a few pair of jean shorts since all the summer clothes I have from last year no longer fit. Purchased size 6 shorts from Old Navy without trying them on, figuring they would fit because I wear sizes 8-10 depending on the store and I know Old Navy usually runs 1 size smaller than EVERY other store. Brought them home and tried them on, and they were HUGE! Went back and tried on a couple of different cuts and styles and bought 3 pair of SIZE FOUR shorts!!! I wasn't a size 4 EVER that I can remember!!! So excited I came home and pampered myself with a manicure (which by the way I never do because it usually looks like I got into a fight with a bottle of nail polish and lost) AND it came out half decent!

So stoked for the rest of this week and for my chance to show off all my hard work on my body to my close family and friends at my engagement party in a few weeks!!! Hoping to keep the NSVs coming around and maybe seeing a little change on the scale some time soon!

Replies

• JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Wonderful NSV!! Keep up the good work, I have no doubt that you will look great in your dress.
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I know you will need a smaller dress in a few months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!