Butts??

Options
ggxx100
ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
Okay, plenty of chatter around here about losing the boobs...I've maintained for awhile and have been hitting the squat rack hard..however, my former "bubble butt" is a far cry from what it used to be, volume wise..I should have a memorial for it.

Have you ladies lost your butt with the weight loss?

Edit: Short of padded shorts, any suggestions?

Replies

• VistaJerry
    VistaJerry Posts: 45
    Options
    I've never worried about that as a man, but I've heard they make padded compression shorts. Might do the trick.

A butt is a butt, so I wouldn't worry too much
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: My butt is gone...so sad.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Okay, plenty of chatter around here about losing the boobs...I've maintained for awhile and have been hitting the squat rack hard..however, my former "bubble butt" is a far cry from what it used to be, volume wise..I should have a memorial for it.

oh wow I have never heard of this before. I actually had to build mine from a sht load of squats and lunges but since losing weight and toning my butt is smaller but tighter.

I think it depends on your composition...
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    nope! squats, lunges, leg press, did i mention squats?
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

oh wow I have never heard of this before. I actually had to build mine from a sht load of squats and lunges but since losing weight and toning my butt is smaller but tighter.

I think it depends on your composition...

My butt is smaller, all right. I'm talking more overall volume rather than tightness, haha

It's obviously not realistic but I want Beyonce's behind...too bad they don't come with girls my size :sad:

Oh, I think you're not quite getting what I'm saying...I want a bigger butt, not to lose it
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My butt is pretty small, cuz I got small hips and food just don't go down south. Squats, donkey kicks (where you go on your hands and knees and kick behind you), and whatever else you do to help your butt will work. Trust me, I noticed a big difference from my butt was from last year to now lol.
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    This might sound crazy, but are you running on the treadmill? If so, don't. Run outside if you need to, but running on the treadmill will cause you to get a pancake butt, despite squats. Trust me, I've always had a big butt but running on the treadmill even for just a few weeks started to deflate it. Something about the flat surface just isn't conducive to a perky tush.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    yup mine deflated a bit when I didn't do exercise. however I quickly got a butt lift when I joined the gym x)
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I lose my butt when I get down to 130 and below. That is why I don't want to be below 140! I'll take a little extra chub to keep my butt.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Mine shrank up a lot when I started losing because lost the fat there quicker than I lost from my middle. Then it started evening out. Squats with a barbell, lunges, leg press, glute kickbacks with heavy weights (I use a machine, don't hate), etc. have all made it rounder and look much better.

My butt is still a work in progress. I'm not happy with it yet, but one day....
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Mine at least is starting to improve with split squats deadlifts and running on an incline.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.

mine is rounder.

squats, deadlifts, etc.
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I agree with some one who said smaller but tighter. You'll lose there BUT if you have a combination of resistance, strength and cardio in your routine the bum should remain in tip top shape. Try to look at the proportion of your bottom to the rest of your body instead of just the size change to get an objective view. Mine is big and round and even though its getting smaller, it'll basically still the same proportion as my body gets smaller. At goal, it'll probably still be big in comparison to the rest of me but it will be much smaller than it was when I started. As a side note, my big ol boobies don't seem to be seeing much change and I'm really hoping they do soon :) Good luck!

Edited to fix errors
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    My butt is flat to begin with but with squats, lunges, deadlifts, bridge, hip thrusts it is starting to come along quite nicely :D
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Keep squatting, lunging, Dead-lifting, and squatting and squatting.....

It will lift and tighten.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    :sad:! I'm not losing my *kitten* atm, but my boobs are gone .... I never even got the chance to say goodbye. I was a c and now I am a small b. Maybe you just lost more in your butt first, hopefully as you progress you will notice everything evening out? Do some squats and dead lift. I do those and run and I have noticed a massive change in my bum, its firm and rounder, I guess I traded my boobs for my new butt ... good thing hubby is an *kitten* man :bigsmile:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Keep doing those squats and deadlifts. Your butt shrank with everything else, of course, you can't expect it to be as big as it was 40 pounds ago. But you can still have big butt for your frame.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Keep doing those squats and deadlifts. Your butt shrank with everything else, of course, you can't expect it to be as big as it was 40 pounds ago. But you can still have big butt for your frame.

:love: :flowerforyou:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Why did I expect comparison pictures when I came in here? :angry:

I are disappoint.
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    work out your glutes. underneath the cellulite you are losing are muscles. the gluteus maximus and the gluteus minimus, and I think one other glute. muscle is muscle. it sounds like you are toning them at the moment, as well as lowering your fat content. however, if you treat them like other muscles, work them hard and break them down, they should grow in size just like any other muscle. I hope you get what you are looking for. good luck! :-)