Greetings, and looking to give and receive encouragement!

KathryneJY
KathryneJY Posts: 83 Member
Hi, I have been on MFP for a few weeks now after coming off another site that I found too cumbersome.

I'm a 43 year old female that needs to lose another 50 lbs, and I am looking for cheerleaders who will help me do that! I am also an awesome cheerleader myself, so participating with other users here will be a big part of my journey.

I am 5'3", weight 201 lbs, and have lost about 9 lbs so far (2 since joining here).

I am a scuba diver and am looking to improve my general fitness so I can get some more bottom time when diving, but most of all I want to just be healthy, comfortable in my body, and able to do the things I love.

In the past two months I have taken swimming lessons to improve my stroke and efficiency, and I swim at the pool at least three times a week along with two aquafit classes per week. I have worked up to 2000 meters in the pool and love this exercise! I walk at least three times a week with my husband, and was able to log 17K in the last weekend. I'm going to add some yoga to the mix in the coming weeks.

I am an adamant home cooker and very focused on eating fresh, home cooked meals without processed food. I rarely eat out. That said, I am an emotional eater and can overeat very easily, even if it is home cooking. I love to cook, especially ethnic dishes (Thai, mexican, indian, etc.)

My issue is falling off the bandwagon. If I don't exercise, I'll stop altogether. If I indulge in that slice of chocolate cake, I'll eat the whole thing. So really, I'm looking for that encouragement in my weak moments. That forgiveness for the small slips, and encouragement for the great moments is what I need.

As for what I can offer, I'm very determined and can help drive you to your goals through encouragement and suggestions. I give what I get and would rather be positive and friendly than judgemental and discouraging. I'd love to make some new friends here to both give and to benefit.

Peace.

Replies

• Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm active and coach the best I can
  • merricat66
    merricat66 Posts: 3
    Hi Kathryne!

I'm Chris. I"m a 47 year old mom of 3, and I'm 5'3" tall and weigh 265. I've lost 7 pounds so far. I've started walking again (finally!), and just got home from 90 minutes on the treadmill. I have to push myself to go, but I'm really happy when I get there.

I'm a good 'encouragement swapper' too. Like you, my good habits break easily, and I can down either a chocolate cake, a box of pasta, or a pizza when the 'mood' hits.

I'm just training myself to be a confident cook (maybe someday a good one). I love ethnic dishes and it would be great to have some tried and true recipes. I tend to eat take out or go out to eat way too much, and I want to have more control over what's in my food (and subsequently in my stomach). Want to buddy up?:happy:
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Hello K,
    my name is Arwa. i am also 5"3 and weigh (last time i checked on the 7th of May) was 81.3 kg = 179 lbs.
    and im on a 60 days challanege with my hubby to work out 5 times a week at 5 am before work and EAT HEALTHY WITH NO CHEATS....
    and it's going well i must say. will be checking my weight on the 31st of the May. wish me luck!!
    i am ALWAYS online so if u wanna add me ill make sure to support u and encourage u as much as i can!

xx
  • juiceplusbecky
    juiceplusbecky Posts: 56 Member
    Hello,
    I am a 44 year old mom of 4. I am 5ft 4 in. and started last summer at 200 lbs. My oldest daughter started seriously exercising last summer and was my encouragement. Also, my dad, who I had always thought of as the strongest man I knew, had a stroke spring 2012. I see how he is struggling to do what use to come so easily for him . . . what will I be like as I get older?? So I decided I can get old and continue to get fatter and more out of shape OR I can make better choices. I fall back into bad choices more often than I would like to admit, but I have learned that tomorrow is a new day and a new start! I especially like friends how are similar in age and goals. Feel free to add me!
  • KathryneJY
    KathryneJY Posts: 83 Member
    I'm in! Thanks for your reply!