Something that needs to be said......

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    My understanding is negative attitudes tend to come from jealousy and past history, basically negativeness comes from taking something on a personal level. We see it a lot around here, and in our personal lives; someone feeling left behind or feeling self pitty for not keeping up to their end of the bargain - what ever that may be. (many other reasons too I'm sure, I see it most for these reasons though)

I couldn't agree more, to keep all the negativeness to onesself, but it's driven from somewhere, and it's not going to go away. I like to kill it with kindness, someone could be having a bad day and instead of lashing back, I just keep in mind they're not mad at me, but agitated or upset personally with themselves.

Great post! :flowerforyou:
    So glad you took time to write this out, truly. I'm not so good at yet at not taking things personal but I am far better than I used too. We're all going through ALOT on this site/life. Regular everyday life is tough enough, toss in a huge lifestyle change and mix it up with a zillion various personalities and it can be a huge learning experience like no other or a disaster when someone pokes another, then another gets involed and suddenly it turns vicious and attacks begin.

I enjoy the newsfeed feature because it's always so positive on ours, good positive, hard working friends on mine. xo

Seems somedays a few of us get up and the day doesn't turn out like we'd hoped and then we sign on and BOOM, drama ensues and seems to last a few days and feelings get hurt.

There are new ppl joining everyday with such incredible hope and terrific attitudes that somehow it all seems to balance out and keep the site moving along in a positive direction.

So true what softly spoken68 shared, 'working on our insides as well as our outsides'. and that can get messy, when we yank it all out to sort it.

Sometimes that can bring up lots of yuck from years past as many of us have figured out by now.

Glad the OP decided to begin the thread, I hope it makes some of us stop and think what this site really is all about. :flowerforyou:

Becca:heart: