Processed meats cause cancer

Options

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Oh that is very interesting! Here are some other headlines that site would like you to read:

Asteroid 9 Times size of Ocean Liner Approaches Earth May 22, 2013

Prominent Israel Hater Alice Walker Believes World Run by Reptilian Space Aliens May 22, 2013

‘World’s Worst Tornado’ Came ONE DAY After OK Began Gay Pride Week May 21, 2013

The New ONE WORLD Trade Center, Abaddon, and the Antichrist – A Must Hear! May 21, 2013

Here's a tip. Start getting your information from better resources.

burn_display.gif
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Who has the chicken little with the tin foil hat?

Edit to add: I'll eat my bacon and die happily of cancer in my 80s...

Present!

27739717_7477.jpg
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    A little youtube treat for you this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEzcLTAMrRA

Joe Jackson sings about this very subject.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE WHO EATS VEGAN DIES.

QFT
  • Nikki_XC
    Nikki_XC Posts: 69
    Options
    38072789.jpg

/high five!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    would be funny if that *kitten* turned out to be right tho?

I havent actually read the link. but I have seen forks over knives.

:drinker:

Whilst I thought the article was well, a bit rubbish, I think being aware of these things is a good thing.

Personally, I do care about living longer and I do care about getting bowel cancer. What do I want?

tumblr_lvverurFxn1qbn5m1o1_500.gif

I want more life...
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Who has the chicken little with the tin foil hat?

Edit to add: I'll eat my bacon and die happily of cancer in my 80s...

Present!

27739717_7477.jpg

My hero... :flowerforyou:
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I'd just like a list of what "doesn't" cause cancer.....my guess is that list isn't very big!
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    tumblr_luz6vbXMfC1qkt4uxo1_250.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    would be funny if that *kitten* turned out to be right tho?

I havent actually read the link. but I have seen forks over knives.

:drinker:

Whilst I thought the article was well, a bit rubbish, I think being aware of these things is a good thing.

Personally, I do care about living longer and I do care about getting bowel cancer. What do I want?

tumblr_lvverurFxn1qbn5m1o1_500.gif

I want more life...

As do many of us. The article I posted above is much more objective. It does show a correlation between processed meat and death from all causes. I suppose it warrants caution but certainly not hysteria.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Most people are going to stop reading that article at "bacon".

:laugh:
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    If I stopped eating everything that some fear mongerer said caused cancer, I would have nothing left to eat and would starve.

^^ THIS!
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Meh, my grandmother on my dad's side was strict vegetarian and extremely fit. She was of the notion that processed foods were bad and would cause life threatening diseases and meat consumption causes life threatening diseases. She also never smoked, but still died from cancer 4 years ago. She was absolutely stunned when she was diagnosed.
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    If I stopped eating everything that some fear mongerer said caused cancer, I would have nothing left to eat and would starve.

^^^^^This right here. :drinker: haha
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I suppose it warrants caution but certainly not hysteria.

Agreed.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Meh, my grandmother on my dad's side was strict vegetarian and extremely fit. She was of the notion that processed foods were bad and would cause life threatening diseases and meat consumption causes life threatening diseases. She also never smoked, but still died from cancer 4 years ago. She was absolutely stunned when she was diagnosed.

^ This is the danger of equating a lifestyle and diet with morality, and some take it to the point where they genuinely think that they "don't deserve" to get sick. The truth is while we have quite a bit of information on nutrition and health, much of it is correlative in nature, and there are a multitude of factors that are relevant. Do your best to cover all your bases but don't go insane in the process.

Oh, and bacon . . .
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Vine of Life? I'm assuming this is going to be a Pro Vegetarian, Anti Meat website. Sounds non-biased to me! Can we get some solid concrete proven evidence? I'm saying this as a long term veggie.
    Actually it's a christian religious site.:laugh:

Anyway, it's mentioned that SODIUM NITRATES are carcinogenic. That's where it went wrong. Then when cancer is mentioned, it fails to mention that JAPAN has a HUGE curing process for dried fish which is cured with sodium nitrates. Guess where they are on the cancer list top 50? Lol, not even on it.

I won't deny that processed meats CAN cause cancer, but this is just a correlation at best.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    And while being fit and eating right helps to reduce risk, it doesn't absolve one from it. There are so many other factors that one would still be at risk.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    My fav everything causes cancer songs about the Daily fail. And yes they did an article about this study

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTu7GLfrmUI

Also just so people who have been lucky enought to never see the Daily Fail understand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI