5' 1" age 62 Just starting lifting

Options
helenjon752
helenjon752 Posts: 55 Member
Heres a couple of pics taken today . I just started lifting weights with my trainer about 2 weeks ago and he says he can see some good progress.
I cant lift a lot as yet but I hope to increase slowly
I dont have any before pics but plan to take more progress pics
I am 62 yrs old and have lost about 12 lbs in the last 3 months . Now I would like to whittle my waist and get more toned.
On the arm pic it looks like I have hairy armpits ! I don1t ...its just wrinkly skin !!

Not sure how to do pics but I will try

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/jessica5050/ebay/new album/BODY_zps4274b492.jpg

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/jessica5050/ebay/new album/ARM_zps5a026583.jpg

Replies

• teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You look great! I decided that I'm tired of being out of shape, and I love seeing people take control of their health. I look at my mom who is just slightly younger than you and I think she just looks tired. I wish she would work out too. I've decided not to follow in her footsteps (she's already had carpal tunnel surgery, 2 knee surgeries, and shoulder surgery).

Good job to you!
  • Lets_Get_Healthy_Baby
    Options
    Wow Helen! I do see alot of progress. Keep up the hard work I know you could do it.
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Heres a couple of pics taken today . I just started lifting weights with my trainer about 2 weeks ago and he says he can see some good progress.
    I cant lift a lot as yet but I hope to increase slowly
    I dont have any before pics but plan to take more progress pics
    I am 62 yrs old and have lost about 12 lbs in the last 3 months . Now I would like to whittle my waist and get more toned.
    On the arm pic it looks like I have hairy armpits ! I don1t ...its just wrinkly skin !!

Not sure how to do pics but I will try

BODY_zps4274b492.jpg

ARM_zps5a026583.jpg
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Pardon my language but, you're a badass!
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Great job! I also began working out for the first time at 62 after giving up cigarettes. I still have a ways to go but I look and feel better than I have in years.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    You already look amazing! I wish my arms looked like yours, and I've been lifting for a year! Keep up the awesome work :)
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    you look amazing, and theres me sorting myself out for turning 50! what an inspiration!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    You look great. I am 58 and started lifting in February. I have shoulder issues to work around so I have to be careful and add weight slowly. I had a rotator cuff tear in one shoulder and tendonitis in both, plus arthritis in my elbows.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome!!!!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Super Job, you look great!

Keep it up!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Here's to looking incredible at 62! :drinker:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you look phenomenal! well played, m'lady :)
  • helenjon752
    helenjon752 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ok i will try to add pics again ...somehow I have duplicated this thread ... maybe theres a mod or someone can join them together ... please

Hooray figured it out again !!

[img]http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/jessica5050/ebay/new album/BODY_zps4274b492.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/jessica5050/ebay/new album/ARM_zps5a026583.jpg[/img]
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    ^^ That's the money shot, right there!

Congrats! You are taking charge of your life, your health, your body.

Next thing you know, we'll see you in some competition!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Your body thanks you!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Yea!!! You are HAWT! Keep it up!I

I'm so glad to see us older ladies lifting too! I'm 61 and I've been doing New Rules of Lifting for Women! Love how I feel and in all honesty, lifting is the only exercise that I find FUN and that I do with any sort of CONSISTENCY! I always "excuse myself" out of other things but not lifting!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    This post rocks
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    you totally are a badass!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!