4 Signs It's Time to Step Off the Scale

Options
2»

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I went the scale obsessive route before and failed. This time I am trying to listen to my body and "feel the fire" ... you know that feeling you get when you KNOW you have followed the rules and get that funny feeling that feels good? I don't know how else to explain it, I feel a kind of a fuzzy emptiness or hollow tingle in my upper abdomen when I am loosing weight. Not the hungry feeling, not the water logged feeling, everything just feels like its working right.

However..... lol my boyfriend who has never had a weight problem just can not understand this. HE is the scale obsessed one now. Every morning he asks how much! I told him I would tell him once a week when I weigh in. Doesn't stop him from asking daily though... gotta love him!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every single day (except this week since the battery died and I haven't replaced it yet) and it does not change my mood at all. If i'm up, I work harder. If i'm down, I celebrate. If i'm the same, nothing changes. It helps me actually stay on track!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every single day (except this week since the battery died and I haven't replaced it yet) and it does not change my mood at all. If i'm up, I work harder. If i'm down, I celebrate. If i'm the same, nothing changes. It helps me actually stay on track!

When I get smaller I will go back to weighing in daily. Right now I am weighing on Thursdays and Mondays and maybe one day in between. It is hard going from daily weigh ins to 2 to 3 times. Eventually I am going to go to once a week for a while. When I get under 300 pounds, I may go back to daily. The important thing is to weigh regularly no matter what we choose and not let the scale dictate our days to binge or get emotional and give up.