Another NSV from Monday's physical. Cutting Beta.

Options
fishgutzy
fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
I realized after I left the doctor's office that I forgot to ask if I can cut back or get off the beta blocker I have been taking to help prevent migraines. I figured that since they started when I was over 270 that the stress from the weight may have been a major contributor, if not the entire cause.
Got the okay this morning to cut out the beta blocker over the next two weeks. Yahoo!
I'm looking forward to not having the beta blocker limit how much oxygen my heart can provide during workouts. I had been finding that during my super sets of back extension, dumbbell RDL and side lift that I was getting light headed after each set and had to wait about 15 seconds for the sensation to pass. When I skipped a couple days of the beta and did the same super sets I got not lightheaded feeling.
Once I am off it I can buy a decent waterproof HRM and start using it to track my workouts better and push myself harder without bumping up against the limits caused by the beta blocker.

Still need the NSAID for my broken tail bone though. That won't get any better. Just less weight sitting on it :bigsmile:

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Congrats on being able to cut out the beta blocker :) Any health NSV that involves getting off some sort of meds is amazing! Good job and keep up the great work!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Noticed a difference working out already.
    After an RDL set I'd have to weight about 30 seconds for the mild dizziness to pass before the next element of my super set. Same with dumbbell steps up.
    Not last night though. No dizziness at all and I still at the half dose. In less than 2 weeks I'll be completely off the beta.
    Then I can buy a decent HRM. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!