2 cloves garlic minced
4 tbs cilantro
2 tbs fresh thyme
2 tsp Ms Dash Chicken or Steak
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp Tabasco
1/2 or 3/4 jalapeño
pepper to taste

jalapeño jelly for the buns (no mayo needed!)

6 slices turkey bacon (one per burger) (optional)

1/4 cup jalapeño jelly

2 cups of baby spinach divided onto each burger

mix all ingredients
should make 6 burgers
cook on grill pan on med high for 6 to 7 min on each side

The buns I used are new :
Brand:
Earth Grain 100% wheat (they are about 1/4 inch thick found in the hamburger section at Walmart)... I toasted them

I used jalapeño jelly on the buns (it really makes the burger do not skip this ingredient!)

patty 67 calories
Bun 100 calories
(turkey bacon is optional not included in the calories at beginning of recipe)

Replies

• tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    That sounds great,I haven't been able to find jalapeno jelly,i've had friends make it for me for occasions,but where can you find it at?
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    bump - sounds yummy :)
  • I actually made it my self with 1 jar or Smuckers sugar free strawberry preserves
    I diced one jalapeno and added it to the jelly and let simmer for about 10 min and then just put it back in the same jar It is good and way cheaper than the store bought
  • tex43
    Did you like have to really dice it small,too cool,I had no idea that was how it was made,thanks a lot.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    BUMP!

tex43-just mince the jalepeno, I would recomment sautee the jalepeno first a little to help soften it, then add the jelly and simmer. But then you still get lil pops of pepper without having a crunch!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    I am sooooooo hungry right now.... BUMP!
  • tex43
    BUMP!

tex43-just mince the jalepeno, I would recomment sautee the jalepeno first a little to help soften it, then add the jelly and simmer. But then you still get lil pops of pepper without having a crunch!
    cool,that's what I was thinking,love the Jalapeno's but not so much in my jelly at least crunch anyway,thanks momma T and KLD both of you!!!!!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.