Eating at a Moderate Deficit and Exercising

Options
Has anyone tried this?

I'd like to know about results, ease of adherence, planning, cost, fitting into life/schedule, and anything else you think I should know!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this?

I'd like to know about results, ease of adherence, planning, cost, fitting into life/schedule, and anything else you think I should know!

Thanks in advance!

sounds ridiculous to me! i will stick with trying to lose 37lbs per week on the tape worm diet thank you very much!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    What about all those toxins in your body????? You need to detox, how are you gonna do that?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    It didn't work for me. Shakeology is the only thing that will work. Save yourself the headaches I went through, sell your first born and buy a week's worth of shakeology.

You can thank me later.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It didn't work for me. Shakeology is the only thing that will work. Save yourself the headaches I went through, sell your first born and buy a week's worth of shakeology.

You can thank me later.

damnit, i dont have any kids.... will selling myself work?!
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Personally I prefer the wraps. They work wonderfully as long as I remember to wrap my head in tinfoil when I'm done wrapping my body. And the chicken bacon ranch ones are delicious!
  • writtingonthewalls
    Options
    I met up with my trainer and with my metabolic rate, which is 2,085 cal roughly, I eat 1500 cal a day...at this rate, I lose about 2 pounds a week, which is in the healthy range to lose/keep off and I don't feel starved at all!! (I suggest meeting up with a personal trainer at least once a month for them to measure you/weigh you...take your personal stats...this way you'll stay motivated and see more results than what's on the scale and see what plan is healthy for you)It's actually a very good idea(if you're losing a lot of weight like myself, 130 lbs to be exact) to create a 500 cal defiect to ensure weight loss results. It's healthy and you don't starve if you eat healthy, filling foods! I eat A LOT of veggies, nuts, whole grains...keep my fruit intake in-check(it's always important to keep sugar moderated) and they're very filling!!! Lean protein and fiber will make you feel a lot more full and satisfied. Eat clean and your body will thank you for it!!! Also, if you're hungry even after eating...most of the time it's your body trying to tell you to hydrate yourself. Always always ALWAYS drink plenty of water!! It will make you feel full between meals and a glass of water before you eat a meal makes it easier on your body to digest the food(cool thought). As for making time for the gym...we all have time...that time you're on the internet or watching tv could be times where you could be going for a run, to the gym, a class, or doing a workout vid in the comfort of your own home. There's always time to get fit..even at work! On lunch break, try walking around the parking lot or down the street for a few blocks...as long as you're active, that's better than nothing but at least try to workout for an hour a day. I do that (35-40 min of interval cardio training and 15-20 min strength training to gain that lean muscle mass that will add extra fat blasting capabilities. You can do it!! :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Actually, I was only after the opinions of people that have actually tried the diet?

If you're not interested in this diet, then just jog on.

I don't need people telling me what I should or shouldn't do with own body thankyouverymuch.

Anyone tried eating at a moderate deficit?
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    duhhhhhh:) Thats the key my son....
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I met up with my trainer and with my metabolic rate, which is 2,085 cal roughly, I eat 1500 cal a day...at this rate, I lose about 2 pounds a week, which is in the healthy range to lose/keep off and I don't feel starved at all!! (I suggest meeting up with a personal trainer at least once a month for them to measure you/weigh you...take your personal stats...this way you'll stay motivated and see more results than what's on the scale and see what plan is healthy for you)It's actually a very good idea(if you're losing a lot of weight like myself, 130 lbs to be exact) to create a 500 cal defiect to ensure weight loss results. It's healthy and you don't starve if you eat healthy, filling foods! I eat A LOT of veggies, nuts, whole grains...keep my fruit intake in-check(it's always important to keep sugar moderated) and they're very filling!!! Lean protein and fiber will make you feel a lot more full and satisfied. Eat clean and your body will thank you for it!!! Also, if you're hungry even after eating...most of the time it's your body trying to tell you to hydrate yourself. Always always ALWAYS drink plenty of water!! It will make you feel full between meals and a glass of water before you eat a meal makes it easier on your body to digest the food(cool thought). As for making time for the gym...we all have time...that time you're on the internet or watching tv could be times where you could be going for a run, to the gym, a class, or doing a workout vid in the comfort of your own home. There's always time to get fit..even at work! On lunch break, try walking around the parking lot or down the street for a few blocks...as long as you're active, that's better than nothing but at least try to workout for an hour a day. I do that (35-40 min of interval cardio training and 15-20 min strength training to gain that lean muscle mass that will add extra fat blasting capabilities. You can do it!! :)

That's great!

I also like to pad out lots of my meals with plenty of veg! Drinking lots of water is something I've just always done, and the rest was just cutting down on some of the very high calorie stuff I used to eat.

I do about 45-60mins of strength training a day, on a 3 day split. I manage to fit in cardio when I can, with walking/running the dog, or training my wife!
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    Eating enough food to maintain and run the engine of your body is a good analogy to use. Junk in the engine will cause it to break, clog, and not run effeciently (fat). 500 calorie deficit a day is all you need to lose 1 pound a week. Once you weigh less you need to adjust the numbers down for your new slim body that only takes premium fuel but uses less to run.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Only rasperry ketones and hgh worked for me. This moderate deficit stuff seems like a scam I tells ya! A Scam!!
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    Options
    And there I thought almost everyone here was on a moderate deficit diet?
  • writtingonthewalls
    Options
    Wow, deficit*!! Sorry about the typo and anymore that I may have missed! Yes! A calorie deficit plan is the way to go! Eat clean, train dirty, and watch those results start to come in!! It's totally possible because your body can handle almost anything...it's your mind you have to convince. Keep positive and feel free to add me if you need support. We can do this! The tidbit about your cardio: it's great you do all those things and that there's a variety of cardio...it keeps your body guessing so it doesn't adjust/get used to a certain activity. It's always good to keep your body guessing so it will know pain and know gain. Hope I helped! :)
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in that, too much work! I've been using raspberry ketones, reccomended by the great and powerful Oz. I eat whatever I want, and don't exercise. But guys, why aren't I losing any weight?!?
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I will work, but you'll gain tons of muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat, so your scale will stay the same....TRUE STORY (I heard it here before) :laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Shakeology, Raspberry Keytones, Cider Vinegar...

Moderate and reasonable calorie deficits and getting in a little fitness is pretty much impossible to stick with long term...
  • writtingonthewalls
    Options
    Gah!!! No offense but you can't take supplements by themselves and expect them to work and not put any work in...you HAVE to eat to live...not live to eat. It's important to get 6 oz of lean meat a day, eat your daily recommended amounts of veggies and fruit, eat whole grains, and drink plenty of water to see results alongside of a exercise regime. Don't be upset with the results you didn't get with the work you didn't put in. Always remember that!! The key to weight-loss is discipline and dedication: eat clean, train dirty...your body will thank you for it.

As for lifting....yes, you gain more LEAN muscle mass but this also blasts fat!!! So while you're gaining muscle, yes, the scale may go up, but it's not because you stuffed your face all week..you must build lean muscle to burn excess body fat!! That scale will go down, just give your body to adjust to the work you've put in! It's the most effective way. Ladies who lift, like myself, don't look HUGE...we're building that lean muscle and once your body has burned your excess body fat, you will look like an amazing lean, mean, fat-fighting machine!!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Gah!!! No offense but you can't take supplements by themselves and expect them to work and not put any work in...you HAVE to eat to live...not live to eat. It's important to get 6 oz of lean meat a day, eat your daily recommended amounts of veggies and fruit, eat whole grains, and drink plenty of water to see results alongside of a exercise regime. Don't be upset with the results you didn't get with the work you didn't put in. Always remember that!! The key to weight-loss is discipline and dedication: eat clean, train dirty...your body will thank you for it.

We were kidding darling, everyone here is on a deficit, myself included. Look at my ticker :flowerforyou:
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If only I could figure out how to post a Captain Picard facepalm gif here...

This is thread is making me feel uncomfortable!! I need to explain that everyone is joking!!! I know, I'm sorry, I ruin all the fun.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    doctor Oz doen't support this method.