Stay with the fight, even if the scale doesn't move...Pic

Options
zombiemomjo
zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
Okay, so I sneak out here periodically to post a few before/after pics of myself to remind ME of how far I've come. I've been stuck at this weight now for about 6 months. I know I have more to drop, but I have yet to figure out the magic formula. So I'm concentrating on the OTHER changes I'm making. I AM stronger. I AM faster. I AM happier in my own skin than I've been in 20 years. And now, I AM seeing that I have MUSCLES! Not huge, but definitely there. This is quite embarrassing to post, because all of my flaws are just hanging out for everyone to see, and I know one is a front shot, the the other is the back, but the back is where I'm noticing the changes. My message to MYSELF and to anyone else struggling with not watching the pounds come off...being able to lose enough fat and gain enough muscle that you can SEE the difference is an awesome feeling! Yeah, it takes longer to see that than it does to see the number slip down on the scale, but that makes it all the more rewarding!

So here goes nothin'...Top pic was my before from when I started this journey in January of 2012, bottom was yesterday. I know it's not a ton of progress, but this is without any heavy lifting. I'm currently doing Les Mills Combat, and I LOVE it! It truly is changing my body, even if it's little by little.

8785883938_2c1cf001c1.jpg

Replies

• ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! Thanks for the inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • lovelygirls
    lovelygirls Posts: 60
    Options
    Your back looks very toned! Well done! Stick at it, you are obviously doing something right!
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    25 pounds IS a ton of progress, dont sell yourself short. You are doing amazingly.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! Well Done!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Great job! Do you have a front pic as well?
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Fabulous progress both physically and emotionally, congratulations!!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congrats and lurve the tattoo!
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! Here are a few more pics. As you can see, I have a ways to go, but I'm definitely changing!

8787353548_f8341c0491.jpg

8787359818_e3eb5c359c.jpg

8675475208_e5ef5d9155.jpg
    PicsArt.com
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You are amazing Jo!! You have done so much already! YOu will get there, as we only fail when we quit trying... right??? me and you both!!
  • shesfatagainbutnot4long
    Options
    You look so awesome, Jo!! The scale may not be cooperating, but, your clothes have got to feel a whole lot more comfortable... that side view difference is incredible!! I'm so proud of you, my friend!!! :bigsmile:
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    You are amazing Jo!! You have done so much already! YOu will get there, as we only fail when we quit trying... right??? me and you both!!

Exactly!!!! No quitting here. :) We got this!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for posting the second set of pics. They really do a much better job of illustrating your progress. You DO HAVE MUSCLES!! You've done so much already; congrats and keep going.
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for posting the second set of pics. They really do a much better job of illustrating your progress. You DO HAVE MUSCLES!! You've done so much already; congrats and keep going.

Thanks!
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    You look so awesome, Jo!! The scale may not be cooperating, but, your clothes have got to feel a whole lot more comfortable... that side view difference is incredible!! I'm so proud of you, my friend!!! :bigsmile:

Thanks! You are making amazing progress, too, my dear!
  • RagenGBrown
    RagenGBrown Posts: 47
    Options
    Great job!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Keep it up sweetie, amazing progress and more to come!
  • mrslcg09
    mrslcg09 Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Great success story. Keep it up.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Great work
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Looking great!! Bet you are feeling great, too! Keep challenging your body, and you will be amazed at what it can do!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!