Help me win weight loss competition!!!

I have been in a weight loss competition at work! I teach school and next Friday is our final weigh in! I have been the leader most weeks, but I have had the least weight to lose too! Anyway, I really want to win because I am a competitive person! Plus, I am going on beach vacay in 3 1/2 weeks and I would really like to be down in the 120's by then! I am currently at 134. So, any suggestions on how to get down to 130 easily by the 31st? I eat pretty clean and I run 3 miles about 6 days a week. Heck, I would like to lose 5 by the 31st and make it to 129!

Replies

• KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    I have no advice on how to do that in a healthy way. Just keep doing what you're doing. Drink plenty of water so you can release that water weight and avoid sodium so that you don't retain water.
  • Kacie_Toffoli
    Kacie_Toffoli Posts: 2 Member
    I am a coach for my work's weight loss competition we are having right now. The biggest difference I see on my team is the people who follow this rule have been losing:
    30 min of fitness a day minimum
    3 fruits
    3 veggies
    1/2 your body weight in ounces of water a day (this is the key for many people)
    When you hit a plateau Go farther , faster or for a longer time with your workouts.
    If you are on Pinterest there are a lot of very good "fruit water" recipes that can help make all that water easier to get down. Good luck and if you want to chat offline we can.
    Kacie
  • KimberlyDCZ
    and be prepared to get bashed for your 1200 calorie goal :tongue:

I'd recommend for the long run upping your calories and adding some strength training.
  • Lori0534
    Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
    Thanks! I drink about a gallon of water a day! I have had good success so far, but I realllllly want to lose a few more pounds before the end of the competition!
  • Lori0534
    and be prepared to get bashed for your 1200 calorie goal :tongue:

I'd recommend for the long run upping your calories and adding some strength training.

Some days I do eat more, but for me to lose weight that is what I have to do. I am guessing I have slow bmr. I've been like that my entire life. Even when I was a teenager and played softball everyday I still could not eat like the other girls. I don't know if it is because I am 5'2" or slow bmr.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE? Check out the IPOARM thread if you haven't already :-)
  • leebeebumble
    leebeebumble Posts: 45 Member
    You are doing awesome Lori! You'll get there! You look amazing so beach beware! I am the same way with my 1200, but it's the only way I've been able to see any change. And I'm not hungry so I don't see a problem. I would think your body would let you know if that's too few for you! Good luck and let us know when you win!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Try avoid sodium completely in the last few days up to the competition weigh in so you don't retain as much water and you will weigh a good few pounds less than if you had a lot of sodium.
  • Lori0534
    Thanks!