Training for a 1/2 marathon

hollyroode
hollyroode Posts: 76
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone. I have taken the plunge and decided to sign up for a 1/2 marathon that takes place on Sept. 11. I'm really excited and nervous. I also just started my first ever real blog and have posted my traning schedule on there that I'm starting next week.

Please feel free to check it out and follow me (especially any other runners, I would love some advice and tips) I think if I had some more followers I'd be a lot more motivated to keep on track!
hollymccaw.blogspot.com
Thanks guys!

:smile:

Replies

• Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Good Luck and Congrats on your GOAL!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • elysetoplin
    elysetoplin Posts: 253
    good luck and congrats! i'm planning to train for one that's on october 30, so i'll definitely check out your blog!
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Hi i am also doing my first half marathon on 26 September, so you are 2 weeks before me. i ran a 10 mile race last october and have kept up my running so just need to build more mileage ready for the half.

we can do it!!!!

i'll send you a friend request
  • hollyroode
    Thanks ladies! Congrats on the marathons and 1/2 marathons! I am still so nervous about it!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    I did my first ever half last July 10th. I am doing my first marathon this July 11th. I know the goal seems huge (and some of those long runs... like the 10 mile... can be grueling), but take my word for it: IT IS SO WORTH IT.

You can do this!
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Good luck!!!! I'll have to check your blog out to see what/ how you're doing with your schedule. That's my goal, too, eventually.....right now through nikeplus.com (with the thing that goes into your iPod), I'm "training" for a 10K.........it's tough, so I admire you! :smile:
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    PS, just checked out your blog.................it's great! I have a blog too, but haven't done anything in there since.....Feb :noway: Maybe I should start updating it more and asking for followers - besides here, it's a great way to stay on track!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Goodluck on your training.....wishing you great success
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    September must be the month for half marathons! I'm training for my first one on September 12th--

We got this in the bag, ladies--
  • hollyroode
    Wow! Awesome everyone!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Starting Round 2 today myself! I finished my first Half March 21--next one October 30 with plans for a Full in April 2010.

Congrats-it's so worth it!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    You can do it. it's an awesome feeling of accomplishment. When I went to pick up my number for my first half, an awesome woman there said "if you can finish a half, you finish a full" I think I snorted when i said "yeah right"....
    I'm 5 marathons in.
    It's addictive :)
This discussion has been closed.