Chinese?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Also maybe have a soup (lots of salt but better than fat). I would learn to make some AWESOME recipes at home. I LOVE Chinese food but I also make it at home most of the time where I am the one in control. Shrimp, chicken, or beef stir fry is so easy at home and put it on top of barley, brown rice, or quinoa. I helps with craving the bad stuff. Also love sushi rolls with brown rice (cooked or raw).
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If I go out to eat I just dont' eat anything else all day, which is probably the wrong answer, but then I don't have to worry abuot going over because most food places are cooking their food in fattening stuff anyway.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm going to chinese for lunch today. Does anyone have any tips on what are the best choices? I really want lo mein with boneless spareribs and crab rangoons, but after looking up the calories for those I'm not going to.

I eat "mall Chinese" weekly for lunch, and I'm still losing. It's a potentially dangerous place if you don't come in with plenty of free calories in your day ;)

If you're going to a real restaurant, you should be able to do even better if you talk to the waiter. As it is, the mall shop I frequent does special orders... don't want rice or noodles? Simple; they stir fry some bean sprouts with carrot and cabbage for you instead.

Even ordering from the menu should be possible - chicken and mushrooms, beef and broccoli, Chinese greens (bok choy, suey choy, etc), buddha's delight (mixed veg with mushrooms), green beans, etc. If the meal comes with a deep fried roll, or soup, see if they won't swap it out for stir-fried veggies.

The real killers are the breaded meats and the sugary sauces - lemon chicken, sweet and sour anything, chicken balls, egg rolls, spring rolls, nearly any dish that doesn't have veggies in it.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I love shrimp and vegetables. I go to a family owned hole in the wall Chinese restaurant where most of the dishes are full of vegetables. I am just extra careful with the rice, it's so good and they give me so much.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    LOL, my advice is to stay away from Chinese! It happens to be my favorite, so I can't help myself when I eat it!!! On a serious note, anything green can't be bad, right?

That is very conflicting if I took your advice of staying away from Chinese food as I live in a Chinese household :laugh:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    we have chinese every single thursday night...i used to eat fried pupu platters and lo mein and fried rice....now i get steamed chix with broc/carrots/snow pea pods...i order either garlic sauce or general taos on the side and put on as much as i need instead of having it all coated....i also splurge on 1 spring roll w/duck sauce and 3 chix wings....i usually workout hard on thursday to offset my logged takeout....it has worked for me for the last 5yrs....i do recommend upping water intake the day eaten and the day after to help flush sodium out......every thing in moderation i say...
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I had the kung pao chicken and steamed white rice. She brought me the fried by accident and I had to send it back, I really hate doing that. Oh well, it was good, and I still have 150 calories left over for supper, I'll try to squeeze in a workout so I can eat more.