Be kind...

KiriKiriKiri
KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, what is in the air? There have been quite a few postings lately where people have been back and forth trying and bickering in postings about what is "right" or "wrong" in diet and exercise, etc. What happened to just being supportive and encouraging of one another and taking all the info in that others have to offer? :)

Soooo.... keep up the good work my friends in your journey! Hope you are ALL having a fabulous Wednesday...and be kind :)

Replies

• FocusPlease
    FocusPlease Posts: 59 Member
    I agree! Let's help each other! Different things work for different people. (Although I have to admit i get disappointed when it appears someone is still looking for a quick fix, as it probably means they haven't fully absorbed a truly healthy life change.)
  • Ok, what is in the air? There have been quite a few postings lately where people have been back and forth trying and bickering in postings about what is "right" or "wrong" in diet and exercise, etc. What happened to just being supportive and encouraging of one another and taking all the info in that others have to offer? :)

Soooo.... keep up the good work my friends in your journey! Hope you are ALL having a fabulous Wednesday...and be kind :)

I think we all need to hear this message every now and then, me especially. Thanks for reminding me to always try to be sweet, Kirsten!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Ok, what is in the air? There have been quite a few postings lately where people have been back and forth trying and bickering in postings about what is "right" or "wrong" in diet and exercise, etc. What happened to just being supportive and encouraging of one another and taking all the info in that others have to offer? :)

I think we all need to hear this message every now and then, me especially. Thanks for reminding me to always try to be sweet, Kristen!
    ditto
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    I believe telling someone whats right or wrong can be done in a positive manner....some people genuinely are trying to help others

I guess it all depends on how the person is voicing their opinion about whats right or wrong

We are all here to help each other and to learn stuff each day

So if you are giving someone advice.....just be kind with your words that way the person receiving the info doesnt feel worst than they did when they asked the question

Wishing you all continued success on your journey

Goodluck
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    I'm with ya. I try and squash it with a joke or chuckle. Doesn't seem to work so I might just try and stay out of it. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.