Goodbye!!

Options

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I someone deletes me because we don't interact, I won't be offended. I don't need them to message me.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I delete, because my list gets out of control at times, so those I never interact with or who don't interact with me are usually the ones I cut. Nothing personal.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    YOLO, DELTE!

YOLO.gif
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Send a message before deleting?

tumblr_lqicspkGJv1qkhcwno1_500.gif
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I have seen several threads about asking for a note when you send a friend request (something I do not require). There is a lot of opinion about the etiquette surrounding this and that it allows control over your friend list (also something I don't feel strongly about).
    What are your feelings on asking folks to send a message before they DELETE you as a friend? Perhaps it would be good manners to let a "friend" know why you no longer wish to see them on your feed. Why they are cluttering up your MFP life enough to be sent into oblivion. (for the last time, I would never do or require this...just putting it out there as debate topic)

I just deleted a few people recently. They had been inactive for 25+ days.
    I don't see the need to send a message saying why since they probably won't even notice.

ETA: I have noticed that I am no longer friends with some people because they deleted me. I don't take offense. I don't care. Do what works for you. Have whatever friends you want on your list. If I don't make the cut, who cares!? I am not going to be offended by a stranger on the internet. :huh:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lolvkmVq0T1qa9oiyo1_500.png

I don't delete people often. Sometimes I will if they go inactive for a long time, if they annoy me, or if I just don't feel like we have anything to offer one another. It's not that big of a deal. You can't expect to be interesting to or interested in everyone you come into contact with. Don't really want, or feel compelled to send a message either. The deletion says enough, and if you're not that close with each other, it doesn't really matter.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I don't consider MFP to be a variation of 'the book of faces' (where people seem to keep people forever, for reasons I don't understand. <I dont and shall never have a FB account>). I consider to be a train crossing to wherever. People get on, people get off, for reasons of their own. If I think your journey with me is done, if you aren't here pushing with me, then we part, no sad or bad feelings about it. No malice intended, either.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have deleted people (reluctantly), but ONLY if they are inactive for over a month. At that point I figure they've found a new site, got a new handle, or died. Don't really give a rat's booty about the "nice job" posts. I am interested in specific posts about NSVs, genuine questions etc. I will admit to enjoying the feed when it contains actual lbs lost etc, but not really commenting.
    Some people really stand out in a crowd, and I do appreciate all of my friends here.

This.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    The only reason I add people is to delete them.

I like imagining the expression on their face when I send this to their inbox

awyeah_zpsd47ed0bc.png
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

awyeah_zpsd47ed0bc.png

To be fair, he sends the same thing in his FR's, but with a question mark on the end.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I delete people who don't interact in some way with me. I delete people if we have very little in common.

I have received emails as to why I am being deleted (not serious enough, swear too much, not a little ball of effing sunshine 24/7/365 etc.) Personally I don't care. if you want to send me a message telling me why you are getting rid of me than fine, if not fine. I would really rather not know why I am being deleted unless we have been friends for a long time or if we are what I consider good friends.

good manners? eh... I like knowing that people actually took the time to read my profile before they friended me, especially if it is because of something I said in the forums.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    OK
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Usually my reasons for deleting somebody has to do with either no interaction (which, no message) or the person is posting lots of stuff that I don't want showing up in my feed for whatever reason. In that case, I will sometimes message the person and tell them -- particularly if we interacted.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The truth is you can't win when it comes to friends.

Don't add someone and you're a jerk.

Add everyone and you're a collector.

Cut people and you're a monster.

Tell them why you're cutting them and you're even worse.

Eventually you have to just do what's best for you and hope people can be understanding. Often they're not.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options

awyeah_zpsd47ed0bc.png

To be fair, he sends the same thing in his FR's, but with a question mark on the end.

Ok, I about spewed water out of my nose on that one. LOL
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    The truth is you can't win when it comes to friends.

Don't add someone and you're a jerk.

Add everyone and you're a collector.

Cut people and you're a monster.

Tell them why you're cutting them and you're even worse.

Eventually you have to just do what's best for you and hope people can be understanding. Often they're not.
    Pretty much.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

awyeah_zpsd47ed0bc.png

hahahahahahahahahaha

:love: :love: :love:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Sounds like people are taking this too seriously. The only reason I ask for a message when FR is because I am just curious as to why they want to be friends is all. I have had a lot of friends and it's hard to be as supportive and helpful as I would like to be if I have over 100 friends on here. I mean, if you think about it, I'm not here for a popularity contest, I don't need 100's of friends to lose weight? If my friends list gets too out of hand I "trim the fat" by deleting people that I don't really contribute to or vice versa. Call me selfish, I don't really care. I just think that people shouldn't get butt hurt if they get deleted or if their FR is denied. No big, keep up the hard work and reach your goal. Who's on your friend list wont stop that, or shouldn't. Your friends should only help not hinder the change.

And that's how Sue C's it.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i dn know but i deleyed a person who hasnt been on here in a week
    they are pigging out and not recordibng it while i am here trying and they arent