HUGE NSV

Options
Stdavis53
Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
Hey Everyone!

I woke up this morning, weighed myself, and had a thought. I can see a difference in the mirror, but why is the scale still being so stubborn? I hadn't eaten or drank anything yet today so I called the HAWC (Heath and Wellness Center) on base and asked if they had any BodPod openings this morning. They said if I came in right away they could squeeze me in. !AWESOME!

I went in, weighed myself on their super accurate scale, and it was about the same as my scale at home, which was no loss for the last 2 months. I was kinda bummed because I know I have been working my butt off with Racquetball, Fitbit goals, etc...

I got in the machine and was blown away by the results.

I did the BodPod back on March 1st and it said I was at 180lbs lean muscle mass and 44.8% Body Fat

The results of the BodPod today said I was at 198 lbs lean muscle mass and 39.9% Body Fat!

No wonder my scale hasn't been moving! I have gained 18lbs of muscle mass and my BF% has dropped 4.9%

I never lost my motivation, but not seeing the scale move this last month has been confusing to me. Not anymore! Its incredible to see how my body is changing. It has been killing me not being able to post weight loss, but now I know why.

Also, since I last did the BodPod in March, I have lost another 3.75 inches between my usual measurments.

Today is a HUGE NSV!

Replies

• mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's so great that you have access to that kind of equipment! Nicely done.
  • InstantKarma24
    InstantKarma24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! That's a lot of hard work...

How much does it usually cost for that service?
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

My wife is an officer in the AF so it is actually a free service for active duty and family. I don't believe its crazy expensive though.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I'd love to have that service available here.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That is great...Now for a dumb question...what does NSV stand for?
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options

Non Scale Victory :)
  • kosman8807
    kosman8807 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem. Its good to know that the scale isn't always the only thing to look at. NSV means Non-Scale Victory.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Great example of how relying on the number on the scale can be discouraging when it isn't the true reflection of how well you're doing!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Non Scale Victory :)

Thanks
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Nice victory! Thanks for sharing! I have been working out (lifting heavy, running, etc.) and haven't seen much movement in the scale. I THINK I feel muscle growing and less overall flabbiness, but I worry that it's my imagination. Your post gives me hope that it's not all in my head! :laugh:
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations. All your hard work really paid off.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a massive NSV - and well done for continuing after seeing no scale movement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!