*wishing I was invisible*

Options
just a *sigh* moment for me today...

there is one other person in my lab that has the same name as me... and something about other coworkers in other labs differentiating between us as "Little Michele" and "Big Michelle" has me at an emotional cliff about right now.... hope the next two hours fly by.. want to hide in a cabinet somewhere...

Replies

• hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Oh my heart goes out to you! I know how much that hurts as I've been in similar situations. However, take heart in knowing that you are doing what you can to get healthy. Don't allow yourself to be derailed.
  • wwhickok
    wwhickok Posts: 29
    Options
    First of all, if someone has that much of a lack of respect to refer to you as "Big Michelle" they're compensating for something.

Let me ask you a serious question. Does your husband wish you were invisible? Does your daughter wish you were invisible? I doubt it, so who cares what your co-workers think, you don't answer to them and you shouldn't care either. I get how much it hurts and that it makes you feel 'worthless' at times because, while our problems with health and weight are very different, I've shared simliar feelings about myself.

Don't pay attention to the A-Holes in the world, there's going to be a lot of them too. Focus on your family, how much you all love each other and know that they are glad you're around. Stay positive and keep up the effort. You're going to have days like this, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you're not and there isn't anything I can tell you to make them easier except that you just need to believe in yourself.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

there is one other person in my lab that has the same name as me... and something about other coworkers in other labs differentiating between us as "Little Michele" and "Big Michelle" has me at an emotional cliff about right now.... hope the next two hours fly by.. want to hide in a cabinet somewhere...

As a manager, this should absolutely be reported to HR. NOT APPROPRIATE.

And hugs!
  • wwhickok
    wwhickok Posts: 29
    Options

As a manager, this should absolutely be reported to HR. NOT APPROPRIATE.

And hugs!

TRUE STORY!
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    That is really horrible :l Someone else at my work has the same name and when I heard them referring to her as 'Old Shawna' and me as 'Young Shawna' I was like 'Isn't that sort of...rude...' Something needs to be said they can't call you things like that..
  • chelley_79
    chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    thanks you guys... I can usually brush most things like this off... just stung a bit today more than usual. i am sure I will shake it off soon.

:ohwell:

you are all awesome. *hugs* and thanks.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Seriously...are they incapable of using last names??!!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That is insensitive! You are strong don't let them bring you down! You've got this.