Dating Strategy...

Options
FitandFab33
FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
I'm on the brink of rejoining the dating world.

I've been out of the loop for a while and am debating the internet dating thing.

Thus far, my "strategy is to throw out obscure It's Always Sunny in Philly references and respond to the contacts that catch it.

Yes, I realize that's not a great way to go about it. Considering I have never done the internet thing and have always gone off of sheer connection, I'm not sure how to approach the potential of dating someone I have never met.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I prefer Stepbrother quotes.
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    I'm a Sunny junkie. But I doooo love Stepbrothers. :-)
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    You'll probably have better results that way then if you went with something, like, say, Monty Python or Star Trek quotes.

My dating strategy involved Chloroform and a rag.... JK
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    You'll probably have better results that way then if you went with something, like, say, Monty Python or Star Trek quotes.

:laugh:

The issue is, I was mostly serious. That's as far as I've gotten as far as what to put into a profile.
  • Camo_Man
    Camo_Man Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Boats and hoes? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8T095mFdW8
  • FitandFab33
    Options

<3

New strategy: I'm getting a boat.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

:laugh:

The issue is, I was mostly serious. That's as far as I've gotten as far as what to put into a profile.

honestly, it's not a bad strategy. a lot of relationships start from common interests.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    you must have some idea of what kind of guy would you go for? Do share

Though dont settle for anyone who has more than 12 % Body Fat. Show some pride:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

Yes, I gotta have me my boats and hoes.
  • NotRailMeat
    Options
    <3
    I have a boat...
    Savana.jpg
    It's just to bad I'm already taken...
  • FitandFab33
    Options

Though dont settle for anyone who has more than 12 % Body Fat. Show some pride:drinker: :bigsmile:

Intelligence, sense of humor, kindness/character are all must-haves... confidence, independence, and affection are definite plusses.. and puppy-kicking, windowless van-driving, and living with mother (unless caring for an ailing mother) are definite no-nos.

I don't have a physical type, but I'll keep that 12% thing in mind. :laugh: Really though, I am/have been attracted to all types- it's about the connection. I'm just at a loss as to how to determine if that is there via the internet. The impersonality of it all is off-putting.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

When I did online dating, I was constantly getting messaged by women who were, from the looks of it, around 117% body fat lol.
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    <3
    I have a boat...
    Savana.jpg
    It's just to bad I'm already taken...

Welllllllll dang. Rub it in. haha
  • FitandFab33
    Options

When I did online dating, I was constantly getting messaged by women who were, from the looks of it, around 117% body fat lol.

:laugh: You're awesome.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

If I ever do online dating again, I think I am going to add this disclaimer: "Look at the composition my body. Now look at the composition of your body. If the song "One of these things is not like the other" pops into your mind, I won't be interested."
  • NotRailMeat
    Options

Intelligence, sense of humor, kindness/character are all must-haves... confidence, independence, and affection are definite plusses.. and puppy-kicking, windowless van-driving, and living with mother (unless caring for an ailing mother) are definite no-nos.

I don't have a physical type, but I'll keep that 12% thing in mind. :laugh: Really though, I am/have been attracted to all types- it's about the connection. I'm just at a loss as to how to determine if that is there via the internet. The impersonality of it all is off-putting.
    I couldn't imagine the prospect of internet dating. It does seem very impersonal. Me, I met my SO the old fashioned way... In a bar! Before meeting I swore (she did to BTW) that I would never seriously date someone I met at a club, but here we are 18 years later.
  • FitandFab33
    Options

If I ever do online dating again, I think I am going to add this disclaimer: "Look at the composition my body. Now look at the composition of your body. If the song "One of these things is not like the other" pops into your mind, I won't be interested."

HARSH. :-)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

You should include this as well:

1351036029_4207-kelso-burn.jpg

:wink: :flowerforyou:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

yea i know what you mean.Someone's online persona can be very very different from who they really are in their real life
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I got a lushes v of hair from my chest pubes down to my ball fro...

Marry me :flowerforyou: