Just a comment to the newbies...

Options
I've been on here for almost two weeks now and LOVE it. Honestly, I did this last year...long story blah blah blah. But If you're just starting out KEEP WITH IT!! You too will fall in love with being healthy. Not sure why we ever go back to our old ways when being healthy is so enjoyable.

If you're looking for a motivating, on here everyday type of a friend feel free to add me. But I do ask that you be an active participant. Good luck!

Replies

• Fat2FitACE
    Fat2FitACE Posts: 34
    Options
    I second that!:bigsmile:
  • efischer90
    efischer90 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    New to mfp! need all the motivation I can get to stick with it!
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, I've been playing around with the site for just over a week and now that I've figured everything out, it's fab! Finally plucked up the courage to buy some scales today and weigh myself for the first time in five years. I had estimated my weight at 250-260 lbs so I was glad to see 231 lbs instead.

I have been dieting for eight weeks, so I'm in full counting calories mode :D
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm not a newbie but I would do good to remember this!!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Excellent message.

:flowerforyou:
  • kieonac
    kieonac Posts: 1
    Options
    Just started this today... will track tomorrow on here! Have a lot of lifestyle changes to make. :smile:
  • Apogree
    Apogree Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been working on losing weight for the past couple of years and after joining this site today, I'm really looking forward to creating healthy life style habits. Consistency is the key!
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    love love love this site! I've been on here for 18 months--yes, it's been a slow, steady weight loss, but it's not come back. Not one ounce of what I lost has come back. STICK WITH IT! I LOVE my "new" body and the confidence it's given me! NEVER GIVE UPPPPPP!!! :smile:
  • nifhinneadha
    Options
    just started today and hopefully i will see changes!! this website is going to be so useful ! :) and its free :D a rare thing to find in this generation!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for almost two weeks now and LOVE it. Honestly, I did this last year...long story blah blah blah. But If you're just starting out KEEP WITH IT!! You too will fall in love with being healthy. Not sure why we ever go back to our old ways when being healthy is so enjoyable.

If you're looking for a motivating, on here everyday type of a friend feel free to add me. But I do ask that you be an active participant. Good luck!
    I think that this is just a reaction now that the Broncos actually have a legit quarterback since Elway.:laugh:

Welcome.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BrookeDG1989
    Options
    Im new to My Fitness Pal as well. It seems great so far! Im just starting on my weightloss journey and cant wait to see results!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I been here three years... and I still feel this way.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    advice to newbies: STFU

:laugh: :laugh:

Kidding :)

Enjoy
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Great reminder - thanks for the motivation! It definitely does feel great to be healthy/happy :)
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    love love love this site! I've been on here for 18 months--yes, it's been a slow, steady weight loss, but it's not come back. Not one ounce of what I lost has come back. STICK WITH IT! I LOVE my "new" body and the confidence it's given me! NEVER GIVE UPPPPPP!!! :smile:
  • mvandike
    mvandike Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started last week with my co-worker we are helping each other to eat healthy throughout the work week as a motivator. I am doing really well with going to Boot camp 3 to 5 days a week and well, I am paying more attention to the types of food that I am eating. My calorie goal is 1200 and I have ben coming in just under my calorie goal by 100 to 200 calories but managing to eat 5 meals a day. The calories I am takingin are good ones, origianlly I realized I was eating too much Sugar and fat and not enough calaories... but I would like to lose weight. I am only 4'11... I need to lose 20 pounds - I will check in on progress, so far I do not see anything... i would love to drop 2 pounds a week.. realistic? Any major advice? Keep me on my toes....:happy:
  • Broncosfan3
    Broncosfan3 Posts: 20
    Options
    Everyone has so much energy. It's contagious! :drinker:
  • lnxjenn
    lnxjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like the tracker because it's not too cluttered. Which is nice when trying to keep a straight focus on your food and stuff!

I'm trying to get my parents to follow this!
  • Jemma002
    Jemma002 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello! I'm a starting this journey and i will need much support to stay and be stronger every day!