Carrots Make Me Hungry

Options
I've tried snacking on carrots and I swear I feel even hungrier after I eat them...
Whats up with that?

Replies

• farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I've tried snacking on carrots and I swear I feel even hungrier after I eat them...
    Whats up with that?

"It's small, not filling, it's different, it's not a snack, it's rabbit food, it's not a normal snack like you usually have" :grumble:

Or at least that's what MY brain tells me!!! :flowerforyou:

Honestly I believe it's change and your mind reminds you that this is not what you normally do, your brain enjoys comfort, it likes things the same. It wishes it was something hearty!!! LOL
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It's a carrot.

How much did you expect it to fill you up?
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Apples and carrots do the same thing to me. Try adding some protien with your snacks. Apples with PB or almonds. Dip your carrots in low fat cottage cheese and chives. Or eat a hardboiled egg for a snack with some string cheese. My go to snacks are almonds, greek yogurt, fruit (kiwi, banana, watermelon, orange) and if I really want something savory like chips I get Quaker Popped Rice snacks, Ranch and Cheddar are my favorite. Also drink lots of water before and after your snack then wait about 10 minutes, if you're still truly hungry have something else.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Loving carrots at the minute

Try dipping them in humus, or with cottage cheese. I just like them washed, cold and raw..... Crunch, Crunch!!!