Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.
"Low" Carb vs. High Protein! Help!
I am getting extremely confused as to what to eat when I'm trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm 5'9ft, 177lbs and keep reading that MFP default carbs "goal" are way too high. It says I'm fine if I eat 198 grams of carbs per day but I've researched a little online and found that I should probably be eating about half of that. Is this true? My other issue is that I go over on protein every day, I know this isn't necessarily a bad thing to go over but I find that I am going over by quite a lot and I'm finding it difficult to consume enough calories. What do you eat to stick within these boundaries? How many grams of carbs/protein should I be eating?
- 1.2M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 379.4K Introduce Yourself
- 41.5K Getting Started
- 256.7K Health and Weight Loss
- 173.8K Food and Nutrition
- 46.9K Recipes
- 230.8K Fitness and Exercise
- 205 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.3K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.2K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.6K Success Stories
- 151K Motivation and Support
- 6.8K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 95.7K Chit-Chat
- 2.4K Fun and Games
- 102 MyFitnessPal Information
- 14 News and Announcements
- 42 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 46 MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions