personal training

Now just wondering how you factor in 1 hour of personal training. Included is weight lifting, cardio mixed with weights, trx, step with squats and weights and also kickboxing. Come out just sweating. NOt sure how many calories this will burn. ON here it says 188 so not sure if this is correct.

Replies

• ArubaJane
    ArubaJane Posts: 62 Member
    does anyone know
    I am dying right now so I know I am working. I do t his one day a week along with 3 classes.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    I'd probably try calisthenics for that. Weight training doesn't have a known value, but you have to make sure to fuel it. The "In Place of a Roadmap" excel download sheets are ideal for someone with a workout mix like yours.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    If you want a better approximation of your caloric burn, I suggest you get a watch with a heart rate monitor or a fit bit thing that can give you a more accurate reading. I've found the numbers here on MFP are NOT accurate for me, based on my size and current level of activity.
  • riboui
    riboui Posts: 8
    Impossible to say without knowing your weight, fitness level, and intensity of exercise. As a guideline for a 150 lb person, walking would be around 250 cal/hour whereas running a 5.5 minute/mile pace would be around 1200 cal/hour. On here I've been using circuit training, general for your type of exercise mix, and adjusting the time based on perceived intensity of that days workout. That comes out to between 350 and 500 calories per hour.