Paleo Eating, Changes Feb 2013 - May 2013

Options
PaleoPath4Lyfe
PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
typo in the title...should be Feb 2012 - May 2013

15 months of Paleo eating, with the last 3 months being strict.

I work out 2 days a week, get plenty of rest, play and relaxation.

Face Changes:

8a52c540-4757-4dce-824d-51c617fa68dfwallpaper_zps77485fc3.jpg

b07e0377-dd45-4fcb-95d7-03ef258c180dwallpaper_zpse14b2598.jpg

Replies

• kasslass2
    kasslass2 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You can really see a difference! Good for you!
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What is Paleo Eating?
  • staceybradleywells
    staceybradleywells Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask the same thing I've heard about Paleo eating, but I'm very uneducated about it. Could you describe what it is?
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    you lost a chin:) congrats! i get emails from nerd fitness......how neat....good for you....i'll try to take on this lifestyle more so little by little.....
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    From what I know, eating Paleo is eating how our Paleolithic ancestors ate. Free range, organic meats, nuts, seeds, fruit and veggies. No cereals, no breads, no pasta, no legumes/pulses and no dairy unless 'raw'
  • jahowell
    jahowell Posts: 67
    Options
    Awesome Changes! Keep it up girl!
    I eat mostly meat and veg....I don't stick to it 100% though, But when I do, I feel sooo much better.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Paleo eating is a template for eating for one's individual health and living a lifestyle as natural and stress free as possible. It allows for solid nutrition, while allowing the body to heal itself.

The weight loss is purely a side effect.

So far, I have reversed T2 Diabetes, gotten rid of many joint pains, inflammation, healed my digestion, greatly reduced the dosage of my Thyroid medication and may eventually be completely off it.
  • jahowell
    jahowell Posts: 67
    Options
    Joint pain and inflammation reduced is the biggest "side effect" Ive had, and a lot less anxiety:flowerforyou:
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    Congrats...but just to be helpful have you considered addong weight training and maybe some extra cardio? You look happy I'm just thinking that after that amout of time there should be more fat loss.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how many lbs or inches did you lose?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Congrats...but just to be helpful have you considered addong weight training and maybe some extra cardio? You look happy I'm just thinking that after that amout of time there should be more fat loss.

I have had tremendous fat loss and my body is still healing...........I have lost nearly 60 pounds and have went down 4 clothing sizes

I do heavy lifting and there is no need for much cardio - i don't subscribe to mainstream thinking.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!