Anyone have a Polar FT60?

Options
Lisa0711
Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
I currently have a F11, but I want a new watch. I've been reading reviews about the FT60, and I like it so far, but I do have two questions that the reviews haven't answered:

1. Can you see your calorie burn during exercise? I read one review that stated you couldn't... I know this person may not have known all the features or how to access it or something, so it's better to ask and be sure. That alone could be a deal breaker for me as I need to see how many calories I've burned DURING the workout, not just at the end of it.

2. I know this watch has a personal trainer type thing where you can tell it if you want to lose weight, maximize or improve fitness and it will beep to tell you when you're out of each zone. My F11 had this feature and you could turn it on or off and I was just wanting to make sure that you can do the same with this one. I got annoyed when working out with DVDs and it was constantly beeping at me!

Any help with this would be great! I'm pretty anxious to get a new HRM, but I want to be sure I'm spending my money wisely since this HRM is pretty pricey. Also, if you have one and you like it or don't like it please tell me the reasons! There are so many HRMs.. it's almost overwhelming when you start looking. :indifferent:

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Tami22
    Tami22 Posts: 56
    Options
    HI!!! I got the Polar F6 about a month ago and love it!!! You can turn off the beeping and you can see the calories burned during exercise. Sometimes when I am on the treadmill, I like to see if my HRM says the same amount of calories burned as the treadmill...I trust the HRM. I would highly recommend it and I asked the same question on these message boards when I was looking to buy one and I got the F6 as an overwhelming YES!!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can see calories burned during a session. There are buttons that allow you to scroll through when you're in a session - you can see current heart rate/calories burned/current heart rate zone/percentages completed for each zone and if you get a foot pod/GPS sensor you can see speed and distance (which I LOVE!)

Yes, you can turn off locking it in a zone. I've never used that feature, but ran across the set up for it the other day!

Overall, I love my FT60. I got the foot pod and it's made it an excellent all-around HRM, both for fitness and running.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll be ordering it tonight! lol :bigsmile:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    No problem! I hope you love it as much as I do! Let me know if you have any questions once you get it! P.S. the dog in your default is ADORABLE :)