Question??

Options
Ok this may be a stupid question so forgive me if it is-lol-but why would it say that my daily calorie deficit (spelling?) is only 420? I thought MFP always just gives you a 500 calorie a day deficit. Does it change as you lose weight? And once again if this is a common sense question I apologize! haha =) Thanks in advance!

Replies

• girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Your diary isn't public, so I can't verify this, but MFP will not put you below 1200 calories. You NEED to eat at least 1200 calories a day (eat back the exercise calories too!). You can lose weight, it might just take a little longer since you won't have as big of a deficit. Just eat lots of fresh foods and get in some good exercise and you will get there!

P.S. As a reference, I am 5'5" and at 148. I would like to get to 130, but since I am already at "healthy weight" my calories pre exercise are 1280, so at some point before I hit 130 I will be in the same boat. Good luck!!
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    Your diary isn't public, so I can't verify this, but MFP will not put you below 1200 calories. You NEED to eat at least 1200 calories a day (eat back the exercise calories too!). You can lose weight, it might just take a little longer since you won't have as big of a deficit. Just eat lots of fresh foods and get in some good exercise and you will get there!

P.S. As a reference, I am 5'5" and at 148. I would like to get to 130, but since I am already at "healthy weight" my calories pre exercise are 1280, so at some point before I hit 130 I will be in the same boat. Good luck!!

Thank you!! I got it now! Yeah Im 5'2 and weigh 133. My cals are set at 1200 and I always eat those and at least half of my exercise cals. It never crossed my mind that MFP was just keeping me from going under 1200. Thank you so much for replying!