Can you recommend a restaurant? 700 cals or less for dinner

Options
I am going out to dinner with my mom tonight and need to stay under 700 calories for dinner to stay on track for today. We live in a major area and have pretty much any chain restaurant within ten miles. Where should we go and what should I get? Would like to get something tasty and filling, if possible :) Thanks!!

Replies

• aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    IHOP, Applebee's and TGIF all have "light" meals under 700 calories clearly marked on their menus :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You can get a 10 oz sirloin and a couple sides of brocolli just about anywhere. <700 calories right there and delicious.
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Chili's, Applebee's, TGIF, & Cheddar's-All have great meals for under that amount. Look them up :)
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Most chain restaurants have calories calculated.

Can get the light meals, or can get a to-go box.
  • rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Options
    You can get a 10 oz sirloin and a couple sides of brocolli just about anywhere. <700 calories right there and delicious.

This. You could also substitute a 10 oz sirloin for a 6 oz sirloin and change one of those sides to a baked potato, no problem.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Get water to drink, and that will save you easily 200 calories for using on food.

I second what Magerum said - steak and brocoli :D

But most places will have something grilled - look for grilled vs fried. Look for things that are not in a heavy sauce, or ask for it on the side. 700 cal should be pretty easy - ENJOY!
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    The very best choice would be Seasons 52. Their dinner entrees are all 500 calories or less, with no added fats--and they don't offer bread on the table.

Another good choice would be Legal Seafoods, Ocean Prime, McCormick & Schmick, Bonefish, etc. and order grilled fish or grilled shrimp with steamed veggies.

If that isn't an option, any place that you can get a four ounce petite filet and side of steamed veggies.
  • miatine
    miatine Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I luuuuurve Ruby Tuesday's FIT options, check out the nutrition on the website, some really good options are under 400 kcal!! =)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am going out to dinner with my mom tonight and need to stay under 700 calories for dinner to stay on track for today. We live in a major area and have pretty much any chain restaurant within ten miles. Where should we go and what should I get? Would like to get something tasty and filling, if possible :) Thanks!!

Why does it have to be a chain? If you live in a major area pretty sure there are plenty of quality non chain options
  • Sweet_Misery_
    Sweet_Misery_ Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Why does it have to be a chain? If you live in a major area pretty sure there are plenty of quality non chain options

Because I don't expect you all to know my local restaurants, so figured it would be easier to ask people for chain recommendations. I'm looking for someplace near the Chino Hills, CA area, if you do know the area though :)

Thanks for the replies!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My advice:

Unless you go out to eat several times a week, go where you want to go, get what you want to get, and relax in the knowledge that one meal is not going to make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory has a low calorie menu. I've several things off of it and they were very good. Except the veggie burger. If you like ground beets & beans on a bun, then you'll like it, but otherwise, no. Just ... no.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    What I have done is order what I want and ask for a to-go-box. I put half of everything on my plate in the box and eat what's left. Then I have an amazing lunch the next day. :happy:
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    you can also ask for kids size or half portion...or senior meal, if available!
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Chile's has a guiltless menu.. I usually get Salmon and vegetable is its late in the evening.
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    dennys fit meals all 550 cal
  • Fjcookie
    Fjcookie Posts: 48
    Options
    The very best choice would be Seasons 52. Their dinner entrees are all 500 calories or less, with no added fats--and they don't offer bread on the table.

Another good choice would be Legal Seafoods, Ocean Prime, McCormick & Schmick, Bonefish, etc. and order grilled fish or grilled shrimp with steamed veggies.

If that isn't an option, any place that you can get a four ounce petite filet and side of steamed veggies.

I love Seasons 52 there food is very tasty!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    anything without cheese sauce butter sauce , lightly sauced, etc , just REAL basic foods, and you should be fine, 6 oz steak , or chicken breast, broccoli and baked sweet potato , yummy, and under 700
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

Mcdonald's has great options under 700 calories. Enjoy the night out!

ETA - I kid, but only marginally so. IF you need ideas, go to yelp.com. I know if I was in chino hills, I'd just go to Whittier and hit up any decent taqueria. Or I'd go to Pho N Mor if I had to stay in C H.

I used to love the In N Out in diamond bar too, and there was a damn good pizza place in pomona my dad would take me...
  • fiferize
    fiferize Posts: 141
    Options
    Applebees definately!