How much should a woman that is 5'2'' eat?

Options
I'm 19
and I spend half my day on my butt and the other half standing or working,
I also workout 4-6 times per week.
I was wondering because at the current amount I eat, I keep on losing weight.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting to lose weight? Why are you on mfp?
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting to lose weight? Why are you on mfp?
    You can be on MFP to gain weight. :/ There are trackers for that.

I'm a sedentary female at 5'1'', and I eat about 1300 a day. Have you set up a diary? What does it recommend as your calorie intake? You would want to eat above that (including calories burned from exercising) to gain.
  • PaperThinLips
    PaperThinLips Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to maintain
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 2 and workout 5-6 days a week and set mine to 2149 1 May. The scales are moving downwards.
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to maintain

what are your numbers

age - 19
    height - 5'2"
    weight

you said you work out 5 times a week

ill tell you what calories to eat to stay at maintenance
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You need to get off MFP and get to a therapist who specializes in eating disorders.

why on earth would you put this you nasty piece of work...?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You need to get off MFP and get to a therapist who specializes in eating disorders.

how on earth is this appropriate or even relevant? The hell is wrong with you?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    OP - I'm your height, and much older. Right now, at my activity level, I'm losing at 1700 cal. I would be able to maintain at around 2100.

It's going to depend on your activity level. But if you're still losing, and you want to maintain... I would say add 200 calories a day to what you're eating right now, and stay at that for a few weeks, then re-*kitten*.
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options

Either she didn't bother to read the OP's reply or she has sand in her bikini bottoms...
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'm 19
    and I spend half my day on my butt and the other half standing or working,
    I also workout 4-6 times per week.
    I was wondering because at the current amount I eat, I keep on losing weight.

It's hard to generalize. Depends on your goals and bone structure. If you want to maintain, obviously you should eat more. Try adding something healthy but relatively high calorie to your diet: an avocado a day or a handful of nuts a day and see where that gets you.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you want to maintain, I would just raise my calorie level by 100 calories a week until I notice that I'm no longer losing weight and am gaining/plateauing instead. If you've gained, then you reduce it by 100 to find your maintenance level. I'm not completely sold on this way of testing it, but I have no better way of guesstimating. I'm currently trying to eat around 1800 and still losing (doing Insanity 6 days a week). At the least I eat around 1350-1400, but I always aim for 1800. I think it averages out to around 1600 a day.
  • Coolchameleon
    Options
    There are plenty of sites where you can type in your stats and it'll tell you how much you should eat to maintain your current weight. http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

My guess would be about 1300-1400 calories.