Can I add lifting to my routine?

Options
Hello All, first post here.

I do 60 min Bar Method classes 5 times per week which is high intensity isometric/calisthenics. I am interested in lifting and bought the NRWLFW book but after reading it, I'm concerned that trying to do these both at the same time would be harmful for my body.

I've been doing the BM classes for a month now, 5x/week.

I am trying to lose weight as well, but I'm only going for a small deficit (max of 500cal/day) and I don't mind if that takes a while. I supplement protein already as well.

Thoughts?

Replies

• ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Heavy weight lifting is extremely taxing on your CNS..if you combine that with any sort of intense cardio you will burn out QUICK. If you want to lift heavy, limit your (intense) cardio to 1 time a week on an off day...or switch to a low impact cardio exercise like walking.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Bummer. I love Bar Method and want to continue indefinitely but have always been interested in lifting. I don't really consider BM cardio as it's mostly intense muscle isolation while the rest of the body is just engaged and still. There are some push ups and planks sprinkled throughout though.