quick - help me resist an evening snack?!?

Options
13»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It's your first day, cut yourself some slack.

In the first few days it's mostly about learning how much you were eating before, which foods work to keep you full and which ones leave you hungry again soon, and what portion sizes look like.

My advice is to have a snack. Make it something with protein. Start again tomorrow, and try pre-logging your food.

Also don't be afraid of fat. Fat is calorie-dense so you may want to cut it a bit just because of that, but there's no reason to try to make your diet "low-fat" unless you have a medical reason to do so. Focus on calories first, then macros as you get more practice. As for "refined" carbs, I don't bother worrying about them. Again, unless there's a medical reason.
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well I eat HEALTHY fats, generally - olive oil, nut butters - apart from the dreaded cheese, of course!
  • GreenEyedLady1
    Options
    my apologies if someone has already mentioned this but try to skip the juice. wasted calories. for that 120 calorie glass of juice, you could have eaten 4 servings of fiber dense veggies like broccoli and felt a lot fuller for a lot longer.

also, its just your first day... don't stress. :)

and, keep in mind that calories are cumulative. if you ate a little bit too much today, try to eat a little bit less tomorrow, and it all evens out.
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You are so right, I did not really realise how calorific juice was until I entered it! I always think of pure juice as healthy (compared to wine or cola) but it's not at all if you are trying to loose weight! I don't like the chemicals in diet drinks, so it will be water now,
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    DO NAKED JUMPING JACKS before going in for that extra treat... !!!!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    The first week is always the hardest. Have some herbal tea?
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    What is a fast, healthy, low calorie, filling, high protein veggie lunch?
    Any kind of bean dish. I suggest keeping some reduced-sodium canned beans on hand for quick meals.
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I tend to think of my calories on a weekly basis. If I'm under or over a couple of hundred calories, I don't worry about it, unless it looks like I'm running over for the week. Trying to put together menus that hit the calorie goal every single day is way too challenging for me.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Read the success stories forum.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I work out an extra stent in the evening if I run out of calories, or pace food so that I am assured an evening snack. Nothing wrong with them.