Clothes too big?

binglebandit
binglebandit Posts: 531 Member
So I've loved my experience so far on MFP, and I've lost a lot of weight, but my clothes have sadly all gotten too big. Which can be a real bummer for those once in a lifetime shirts you get from vacations or that are no longer being made. Luckily I found a really great tutorial for easily and cheaply altering t-shirts. It works really well for casual shirts (not so great for fancy sleeves). So if you have a sewing machine and basic knowledge of how to use it (or a family member or friend you can bully into doing it), try out this tutorial and you can regain a huge portion of your wardrobe.

http://analogme.typepad.com/analog-me/fix-that-t-shirt.html

This last couple of days I've been altering all my old tank tops and t-shirts so they finally fit again. I'm probably the most impatient and sloppy sewer, and I even managed to do it.

1d257703-fa17-4657-8b15-0bab973e68e5_zps407649bc.jpg

And if you're a Shirt Woot fan like me, you'll appreciate the chance to save all your t-shirts. :)

Edit just to say, the before is men's XL, and the after is women's M. You can even adjust the style a bit to change men's shirts into babydoll tees.

Replies

• bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    i have no attn span right now as the work day is almost up. but you look amazing! Great work!!!!
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Bump for later
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Haha, first thing I saw was the picture and was wondering if you bought the same shirt but smaller. Being a tall guy I still have to wear same size shirts even though I'm swimming in them, cause smaller sizes tend to be a bit shorter than I like.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 905 Member
    Fantastic! That's a problem I'd like to have!
  • binglebandit
    binglebandit Posts: 531 Member
    Haha, first thing I saw was the picture and was wondering if you bought the same shirt but smaller. Being a tall guy I still have to wear same size shirts even though I'm swimming in them, cause smaller sizes tend to be a bit shorter than I like.

I know your pain, I'm 5'11" and I always have to deal with short shirts. :/ That's another reason why I'm altering ones I already have, so I don't have to find a bunch of new ones. This way I get to keep the length and just shrink the sides. Maybe you could bully someone into fixing your shirts, so you can show off your hard earned progress. :)