NSV? Clothes too big?

binglebandit
binglebandit Posts: 531 Member
I posted in another thread, but I thought this might be more applicable here for those of you with small and large successes, or those who are looking for ideas, once they hit their goals, on what to do with their old wardrobes.

So I've loved my experience so far on MFP, and I've lost a lot of weight, but my clothes have sadly all gotten too big. Which can be a real bummer for those once in a lifetime shirts you get from vacations or that are no longer being made. Luckily I found a really great tutorial for easily and cheaply altering t-shirts. It works really well for casual shirts (not so great for fancy sleeves). So if you have a sewing machine and basic knowledge of how to use it (or a family member or friend you can bully into doing it), try out this tutorial and you can regain a huge portion of your wardrobe.

http://analogme.typepad.com/analog-me/fix-that-t-shirt.html

This last couple of days I've been altering all my old tank tops and t-shirts so they finally fit again. I'm probably the most impatient and sloppy sewer, and I even managed to do it.

1d257703-fa17-4657-8b15-0bab973e68e5_zps407649bc.jpg

And if you're a Shirt Woot fan like me, you'll appreciate the chance to save all your t-shirts. :)

As a side note, the before is men's XL, and the after is women's M. You can even adjust the style a bit to change men's shirts into babydoll tees.

Best of luck to everyone in meeting their goals!

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    That's a really good idea, wish I'd thought of that before I ditched all my old clothes!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    bump - great!!
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    That's a great idea. Sure beats spending all your money buying a new wardrobe.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!