I BROKE 300!!!

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Broke 300 what? Sounds like it's going to be expensive.

But in all seriousness, good job! Keep at it!
    Haha It was expensive! Because I'm sure like a lot of others I tried to do quick fix dieting and I tried HCG ($100), Diet pills ($80+) and tons of others until I realized I'm wasting my money! I only actually started loosing when I started eating healthy and working out!

Glad to see you're doing it the right way! There's never an easy way out if you want it to last. =)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You must have worked hard. Don't get discouraged if you hit plateaus or if your weight loss slows, it's always faster at first - but all your work will pay off. I suggest starting a weightlifting program so you can retain as much lean body mass as possible while you're in a calorie deficit. It will make your life easier in the long run.

Protip: You can buy large bags of frozen fruits to add to your smoothies for cheaper than you can get them fresh. Sometimes they actually have higher nutritional content because they are flash frozen - just make sure you get the type with no sugar added so you can control that yourself.

Best of luck!
    Thank you!
    I juice my fruit though so they have to be fresh. I don't think you can juice frozen fruits...? I may be wrong but if I am them that awesome and I will definitely be buying frozen fruits!

I was thinking more for smoothies since frozen fruit produces a really nice, icy thickness to the finished product, but I found this site in answer to your question. Apparently you can, but you blend it first and then strain it. May or may not be worth the effort versus money saved, but I'm sure you could juice a lot at once and then freeze in an ice cube tray for later use if desired.

http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?60109-Juicing-frozen-fruit
  • leiamommy
    leiamommy Posts: 11
    Options
    super awesome job !!!!!
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    60 lbs in 6 months is a lot! YAY! Congratulations ! :)
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep going, you've got this!
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You can always add a walking plan to burn off calories.... The Lesley Sansone videos ,,, where you walk in front of your tv... are great... You walk a mile in the house.... lift arms for increasing heart rate and burning calories. Sometimes Zumba is exhausting..so I'm suggesting... go mild , on occasion but add walking a mile ... consistent walking for 26 minutes.. as an alternative.... Don't skip breakfast.... What you are doing is creating a lifestyle for the long haul..... a healthy lifestyle to a healthy weight.... Best wishes.... You are an inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait to get to 300 pounds myself. I've promised myself a manicure when I get there. I hope you treat yourself too. You deserve it!
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Nice---keep going! Don't worry if the amount you lose now is less week by week [the first pounds seem to come off quicker], that happens but it is all good and will help you get healthier and healthier.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement, very commendable!
  • Marlenymm
    Marlenymm Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    you did awesome.:smile:
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Keep up the amazing work and you will be at your goal in no time!!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That is so awessssssssssssome!!!
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! :)
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic.. keep up the great work and you will be able to achieve any goal you set for your self. That is a lot of weight to lose in 6 months. And you really should be proud of yourself..
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :)
  • pateyface
    pateyface Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Way to go!! You are an inspiration. I think I too will feel that way once I break under 200lbs (I'm fluctuating now between 201.8 - 203lbs). I tried zumba, but suck so bad because I guess I just can't dance, especially how fast they do. Oh well. Lol. Keep up the great work!!
  • rhea420
    rhea420 Posts: 68
    Options
    That's awesome, good job!
  • rickntori10
    rickntori10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is so AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!:)
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Thats amazing : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!