Trying to maintain weight now....

Options
Well, I'm trying to keep my weight at where it is...actually maybe add a few pounds, 137lb ~ 6'1(kinda low weight i've been told). My problem is I keep on seeming to lose more little by little even when I increase my calorie intake to around 2000. I run bout 35-ish minutes a day (5 miles) and thats really it. I don't know, but I feel guilty about adding more calories but at the same time I want to maintain/add weight. How many more calories do you think should I add?
Thanks everyone

--Matt :tongue: :tongue:

Replies

• jjstokes
    jjstokes Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm close to my goal and I've wondered too how to maintain it. I'll bet we could put our goal - to stay the same or gain .5 lbs a week, etc. - in this web site and it will tell us how many calories per day. It should work both ways I'd think. :flowerforyou:
  • pena2934
    pena2934 Posts: 2
    Options
    Agree with jjstokes. Changing your goals on MFP should adjust your calorie intake to meet your needs.

Hope you find something that works for you.
  • mattytee
    mattytee Posts: 15
    Options
    True, not sure why I didnt think of that haha. Thanks :D
  • Frankiewaymore
    Options
    Four days out of the week, cut running to 20 minutes and weight train for twenty minutes. Do the weight training first, however. This will add variation to your exercise program. Day 1- Chest and triceps; Day 2 - Legs and calves; Day 3 - Shouldlers; Day 4 - Back and biceps.