coffee

Options
does anyone still drink coffee on their diet plan? do you use creamer and by that i mean 1 or 2 tbsp not a cup of it lol! i wanted to have coffee again with my coffee mate but only have it with a tbsp or two but wanted to get everyones input!

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    black coffee- 2 caleries
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    do you add the coffee mate creamer i have one and it would add about 30 extra cals for a tbsp but i dunno if creamer is the best thing to have!
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    yeah...i cut waaay back on creamer (nutrient label SHOCK when i read the calories!) so i only use 1 to 2 tsp of coffee mate powder. if i order out i ask for 1 milk and 1 sweetener because i don't care for it black that much. it really worked to get the calories back into the box :smile:
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I can't LIVE without coffee. I have like 3 a day. And I use 2 splenda and Almond Milk. The almond milk I buy is 30 calories for a CUP! a Freakin Cup! I don't even use a cup... I don't even use half a cup... get Silk Vanilla Almond Milk 30 calories. I also bought a milk foamer from Pete's Coffee so it's like a cappucino with like 10 calories :)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Of course I still have coffee! This is supposed to be a *sustainable* change for the better, right? Do you plan on giving up coffee forever?

It's 30 calories. Drink your creamer. Life is too short. :)

BTW, I take my coffee with soy milk.
  • KristiLeighS
    KristiLeighS Posts: 112
    Options
    yes, I still drink coffee. I am trying not to drink as much because it is dehydrating but I get migraines and so sometimes the caffeine helps. If i want a sweetener I use stevia and a little almond milk or I use coffee creamer but I use silk coconut milk creamer. if you have the calories for it and are craving a cup I say, why not?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I use coffee mate sugar free vanilla creamer. It's 30 calories a spoon so I can't go insane. :smile:
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    Of course I still have coffee! This is supposed to be a *sustainable* change for the better, right? Do you plan on giving up coffee forever?

It's 30 calories. Drink your creamer. Life is too short. :)

BTW, I take my coffee with soy milk.

love this! im gonna go buy some soy milk right now and make myself a cup!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    there was an earlier thread on Coffee earlier today

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/942418-do-you-drink-coffee?hl=Coffee#posts-15251730

Hope it helps
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I occasionally drink ice coffee and switched to skim milk only to cut back on calories. I now drink eboost most days for my caffeine.
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I weaned myself off of cream over the course of a few months. I kept using less and less, and now I don't miss it at all.
    I used to think black coffee just seemed ugh, but now it's great and I don't have to think about calories when I drink it. The only down side is that bad coffee is really blechy when you can't hide it with cream =)
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee with flavored creamer every single day. I just work it into my daily calories. I know I could save a lot of calories by giving it up, but then I would be a miserable ****.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    does anyone still drink coffee on their diet plan? do you use creamer and by that i mean 1 or 2 tbsp not a cup of it lol! i wanted to have coffee again with my coffee mate but only have it with a tbsp or two but wanted to get everyones input!

I have 2 cups of black unsweetened coffee every morning. I grind my own flavoured beans. Really, what's 30 calories when you look at your entire day's calories? Enjoy it, and if you need to, take out 30 calories somewhere else. Learn to do what your're going to do for the rest of your life!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I have to have coffee, life would not be worth living without it! I do use the International Delight Hazelnut, 1 Tbl 35 cal, and well worth it! Figure it into your meal plans and account for the calories and/or fat, but you don't have to give it up as long as you don't go crazy with it. Moderation in all things.
  • Mrs_Wellington
    Options
    read earlier someone's recipe for 'awesome coffee' which was black coffee with 1 tsp original ovaltine,and 1 tsp reduced fat coffee creamer. it's definately good.
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options

I have 2 cups of black unsweetened coffee every morning. I grind my own flavoured beans. Really, what's 30 calories when you look at your entire day's calories? Enjoy it, and if you need to, take out 30 calories somewhere else. Learn to do what your're going to do for the rest of your life!

yeah thats true im restricting myself from everything i love and i know this is just going to end up with me binging i just need to have it and enjoy it in moderation
  • rosah2
    rosah2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have coffee with coffee mate every morning; 2-3 cups. That is the only way I like my coffee and I don't plan to give it up.
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I will generally use coffee mate sugar free french vanilla, and only add 1-1.5tbsp per cup :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have two cups of black coffee every morning, and an iced coffee, sweetened and with half & half almost every afternoon. I measure the sugar and half & half and just log it. Good stuff. :bigsmile:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee with 2 T of organic half and half. Sometimes black too. You can pry my coffee out of my cold, dead hands.