Pickles from heaven?

Options
Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
My sister bought some Bick's pickles and for TWO, TWO pickles there are only 3 calories!!!! http://www.bicks.ca/en/products_sub.aspx?pid=22 I was so excited!! I love pickles and these ones are sooooooo good!! They make a great low cal snack!!

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Options
    My sister bought some Bick's pickles and for TWO, TWO pickles there are only 3 calories!!!! http://www.bicks.ca/en/products_sub.aspx?pid=22 I was so excited!! I love pickles and these ones are sooooooo good!! They make a great low cal snack!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Oh wow... that's really good!
    I was craving for pickles a few month ago.. bought a jar of pickles.. couldn't open the darn jar... no more pickle cravings until now!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :noway: THAT IS PRETTY AWESOME ABOUT THE PICKLES ! I :heart: PICKLES , ALTHOUGH I HAVE NOT HAD ANY LATELY , YOU HAVE DIRECTED MY ATTENTION TO A GOOD CHOICE FOR A LATE NIGHT SNACK ! THANKS FOR THE INFO.:flowerforyou:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree. Pickles are awesome!!! So low cal and good for you just make sure you check calorie content because some are zero cals per serving and some are 40 per serving. They are my go to when I have little or no calories left and I still want something to munch on.
  • graypink0130
    Options
    I am also a pickel lover, but be careful these little guys are packed with sodium. Since cutting back on my sodium, which used to be over 4,000mg a day, my stomach has flattened itself considerably!!:glasses:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I am also a pickel lover, but be careful these little guys are packed with sodium. Since cutting back on my sodium, which used to be over 4,000mg a day, my stomach has flattened itself considerably!!:glasses:

Yeah, I don't want to be a "debbie downer" on such a great treat but definitely watch them for the sodium level. They could "temporarily" affect how the scale looks and how your clothes fit. I believe it was Dr. Oz who said that eating a pickle is like licking the salt shaker! LOL!

I guess, just plan! But of course, if fhese little babies help to keep you on track...the by all means!! I love them in tuna fish!! MMMM!!!
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    yeah the sodium is high, and I said Bick's because I know they are low in cals, but if I really need a salty snack instead of chips, im gonna go for a pickle!! hahaha
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Yeah, I don't want to be a "debbie downer" on such a great treat but definitely watch them for the sodium level. They could "temporarily" affect how the scale looks and how your clothes fit. I believe it was Dr. Oz who said that eating a pickle is like licking the salt shaker! LOL!

I guess, just plan! But of course, if fhese little babies help to keep you on track...the by all means!! I love them in tuna fish!! MMMM!!!

Gotta LOVE Dr. OZ!! Wonder how much sodium is in a lick from a salt shaker.....Tam did you enter it in the MFP Food Site already?:huh: :laugh:

Yea....it is bedtime and here I am searching the boards for things that don't matter at 2am....YIKES 3 hours of sleep left......:grumble: :grumble:

Anyone else reading about pickles a late night/early morning person? WOW, really a tough combo!

I feel like I have time to finally catch up later at night but really love to do my early early workouts so the energy flows freely ALL DAY and evening for me....I'm like maniac when I get done working out....I clean out closets, clean out my car, wash it, vacumn, repack my gym bag for the next morning, vacumn some more....check this site out, drink gallons of water.......ok, so I'm nuts....I never tried to deny that...but a friendly nut:bigsmile:

well I do believe I highjacked half this pickle post.......oops.... does it help that I actually talked about pickles at the beginning?:laugh: OMG...I see I didn't even say pickle when I started the post...I began the high jack with licking a salt shaker and Dr. Oz. GASP

btw......what day is Dr. Oz on the Oprah show for those of you that are in the KNOW?? ty:yawn:

I :heart: you guys!:flowerforyou: