What is your favorite way to eat greens?

Options
satxdc99
satxdc99 Posts: 74 Member
Okay, I tried to post a pic of my salad but it didn't work. :-(

Replies

• ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    learn to enjoy the taste of vegetables...also, sriracha.
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    RAW
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    I basically steam everything! But if I need some extra fats I will stir fry cabbage in olive oil, and it's AMAZING.
  • MarisaLWood
    MarisaLWood Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like salads and wraps, but I usually have my greens in green smoothies: fruit + greens + enough water to blend.
  • brigidy
    brigidy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like them raw or steamed. I really do like healthy foods any way, it's just choosing them when unhealthy options are there!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I like greens lots of different ways but mustard greens or collard greens are especially good with bacon and bacon grease. ;)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I love greens! Spinach, chard, kale, beet greens, turnip greens, arugula, lettuce, dandelion greens, wild stinging nettle. . . . I love 'em all!

Tender greens (just about anything but collards, chard and kale), I'll either eat raw in salads, mix with mushrooms and scramble in an omelete, or "pan-steam" (sort of stir frying only with water instead of oil) for just as long as it takes to wilt (anywhere from 2 - 5 minutes.) A couple of shakes of cayenne or a few tbsp of salsa, and I'm good.

Tougher greens I'll use in green smoothies, or cook in the crock pot over night with some onion, garlic and minimal water (sort of like traditional southern greens but without the salt pork!).
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I put spinach in a lot of things especially eggs, I like them steamed, salads... I like veggies so no problem!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I like to eat them with one of those things... uhh.. theyre metal most of the time but sometimes plastic.... oh, a fork.

woah... thats like, woah.
  • relle310
    relle310 Posts: 1
    Options
    I make smoothies. My breakfast typically has the same amount of greens as my lunch and dinner, about 2 cups each, but you wouldn't know it because of the fruit involved.
  • danchr908
    danchr908 Posts: 6
    Options
    Steamed
    Fried in bacon grease
    In omelettes
    In Stews
    Raw with perhaps some dipp to go with
    Oven roasted - if you slice them thinly you can make root vegetable chips
    Grilled
    Cooked

Pretty much in every possible way.

EDIT: spellcheck
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies. My breakfast typically has the same amount of greens as my lunch and dinner, about 2 cups each, but you wouldn't know it because of the fruit involved.
    I do the same thing :)
  • satxdc99
    satxdc99 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great variety. Thanks for the responses. I appreciate them.