So... I guess a bunch of questions

katingle
katingle Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Starting to exercise, have a membership to LA Fitness and starting to kinda break out of my comfort zone into new machines. I have sporadic issues with my left wrist, an old deep injury to my right shoulder that will sometimes get aggravated from overuse or slouching (a reason why I've stopped using the rowing machine until later, I think I slouch which makes my shoulder start to hurt), and cannot use a treadmill for anything but walking since every time I've tried running on them I've sprained one of my ankles >__<

My old routine is elliptical (~30 min) - rowing (~15 min) - crunches machine (10x10 at 50 lbs)

The new routine I'm thinking of switching to, you'll have to forgive me since I don't know the names of some of the machines, is elliptical (1 hr) - the machine where you have your arms up and you pull them together, working pecs ( 10 x at ~20 lbs,) - machine where you push weights up that works your arms and back shoulders (~ 2x10 at 25 lbs) - crunches machine (5x20 at 50 lbs)

I tried out the new routine yesterday, and at the time my right dominant arm, I'm right handed, felt much more tired than my left after working out the lifting machine thing. Today, my arms aren't sore at all, but my front pecs are freaking killing me, and were at the time which is why I only did 10.

Any ideas of why my right arm was so much more tired than my left? Am I subconsciously compensating since this is my dominant arm and I have had problems with my left wrist, or am I doing something wrong? The machine I was working on had the bars connected, so you weren't lifting weights separately.

Am I overlooking anything that I should exercise? Overdoing / under-doing anything? Since I'm usually not sore from the crunches, should I up the weight (slowly, of course)?

Replies

• themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Funny, my right arm is far stronger than my left also. I noticed often my right arm was more tired, and usually notice this as soon as I get in my car and try to drive home. I have to make a conscience effort to use my arms equally, or I try and use free weights, so my right arm CAN'T compnsate for the weakness in my left.

Hope that helps :happy:
This discussion has been closed.