Insanely gooey butterless flourless dark chocolate cookies

Options
Irene514
Irene514 Posts: 62
I just had to share... I made those tonight and I cannot believe how fudgy and gooey they are! Especially still warm, fresh out of the oven! And there is NO BUTTER or any oil added! And no flour!! Only egg whites, icing sugar, dark chocolate chips, unsweetened cocoa powder and a little bit of corn starch. And that's it!

Seriously the best low-fat cookies I have ever tasted. At 75 calories per little cookie, with 3g of fat each, you sure can have a few ;)

http://www.picklee.com/2012/02/07/deep-dark-chocolate-cookies-butter-flourless/

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Flour-less Dark Chocolate Cookies-recipe adapted from the Divine baker

Makes about 24 cookies

Each cookie is approx. 72 calories

Ingredients:

Nonstick vegetable oil spray

1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (about 9 ounces)
    3 large egg whites, room temperature
    2 cups powdered sugar, divided (plus 1/2 cup for cookie coating)
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in glass bowl in microwave, stirring twice, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.

Using electric mixer, beat whites in large bowl to soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1 (I halved the sugar here) cup sugar. Continue beating until mixture resembles soft marshmallow cream.

Whisk 1 cup sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in medium bowl to blend. On low speed, add dry ingredients into meringue mixture.

Mix lukewarm chocolate mixture and 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dough will become very stiff).

Place 1/2 cup sugar in bowl. Roll 1 rounded tablespoon dough into ball; roll in sugar, coating thickly. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing 2 inches apart.

Bake until puffed and tops crack, about 10 minutes. Cool on sheets on rack 10 minutes.

Transfer to rack, cool.
  • Irene514
    Options
    Thanks ;)
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome!
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    Those look yummy, I will be giving them a try in the near future.
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Seriously sound good! Bump
  • barbd70
    barbd70 Posts: 35
    Options
    love chocolate....thanks :)
  • skinnydreams1997
    skinnydreams1997 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Gluten free cookies always get a BUMP from me!
  • eastonna
    eastonna Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

same here, Do you think you could use an sweetener instead of powdered? cut them cals like a knife!
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options

same here, Do you think you could use an sweetener instead of powdered? cut them cals like a knife!

Unfortunately, probably not. In a recipe like this, the caramelization properties of the sugar hold the cookie together and make it chewy. You might be able to get away with a lower cal baking blend like Truvia baking blend, which has some sugar and some truvia. If you use only sweetener, you're likely to get a cakey result that won't resemble the original cookie. Pooh. :(
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    bump. I like the sound of gooey and chocolate!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    There is no way I could stop after only one cookie. I'd eat them all!!! Yum!
  • Daniel_C_Cini_88
    Daniel_C_Cini_88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    75 calories per little cookie, with 3g of fat each. I don't think so???????????????

Don't get to excited. I looked up icing sugar (what we call powered sugar in Australia)
    To have the 2.5 cup in 24 biscuits will give you 26g of this sugar which is 104 calories just for the sugar content plus the rest of the stuff. If your watching your sugar will mean 26 sugar points as well plus the rest.
    Id say if your really interested in making these recipe might be worth working it out right before munching down :)
    Its great to be able to have something like this but in all fairness to everyone I think the numbers should be accurate.
    Please note this is only for 1g........ 26g in each biscuit
    Nutrition Facts

Calories in Icing Sugar

Serving Size: 1 gram(s)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 15.0
    Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
    Sugars 4.0 g
  • Irene514
    Options
    75 calories per little cookie, with 3g of fat each. I don't think so???????????????

Don't get to excited. I looked up icing sugar (what we call powered sugar in Australia)
    To have the 2.5 cup in 24 biscuits will give you 26g of this sugar which is 104 calories just for the sugar content plus the rest of the stuff. If your watching your sugar will mean 26 sugar points as well plus the rest.
    Id say if your really interested in making these recipe might be worth working it out right before munching down :)
    Its great to be able to have something like this but in all fairness to everyone I think the numbers should be accurate.
    Please note this is only for 1g........ 26g in each biscuit
    Nutrition Facts

Calories in Icing Sugar

Serving Size: 1 gram(s)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 15.0
    Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
    Sugars 4.0 g

Actually, it isn't very clear in the recipe but she reduced the sugar amount by half... Or anyways, I did. I only put 1 cup of sugar in my egg whites and none in the dry mix. And the MFP recipe builder did calculate them to be 75 cals per 1 tablespoon-size cookie bite.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    bump for future usage!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lucy501
    Lucy501 Posts: 3
    Options
    What about Natvia (stevia)?
    Sugar is so bad for you. nobody needs sugar in their diet.
    whereas (good) fat is needed by the body for proper health.

Maybe try these:

http://www.sweeterlifeclub.com/recipes/sugar-free-fudgy-choc-cookies/

http://www.sweeterlifeclub.com/recipes/mistake-proof-choc-chip-cookies/

Unfortunately, probably not. In a recipe like this, the caramelization properties of the sugar hold the cookie together and make it chewy. You might be able to get away with a lower cal baking blend like Truvia baking blend, which has some sugar and some truvia. If you use only sweetener, you're likely to get a cakey result that won't resemble the original cookie. Pooh. :(