Help question about Macros!!!!

grrupp
grrupp Posts: 159 Member
Help I changed my Macros to 40/30/30 and I have noticed since I increased my protein my fat intake has gone way up. I try to eat chicken and lean meats but still having issues with keep the fat within its limits.
Can anyone offer suggestions to me on how you have increased your protein without increasing your fat intake. I am not to keen on fat free products and am trying to cut back on cheese. Oh yeah but I also noticed if I eat something like walnuts or avocado it really throws my macros off....HELP and thank you :)

Replies

• oils like olive and flaxseed have fat and no carbs/protein :)
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    lean/(low fat) protein sources....

OH I see the problem, you're eating mixed macro foods. If you want protein in your diet, eat protein aka meat... lean meat... white fish, chicken breast, turkey etc...

What do you mean by mixed macros?
    I was trying to get 30% of my diet to be protien but when I increased my protien my fat macros went up to high 30's low 40's.
    I am thinking I need to balance it with leaner meats and diary because for instance when I ate a steak the other day my fat macros went way up. Also noticed that with cheese.
    So gonna try to use part skim cheeses but I don't want to eliminate red meat. Are there better leaner cuts I should be eatting?
    Also the macros go way up in the fat category when I eat avocados and nuts...not sure how to fix that :(