Fridge regulation for kids?

Options
124»

Replies

• Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    They do have to ask, even for things that are within their reach. They will always have to ask. I never had to when I was younger, and I remember eating half a box of Little Debbies probably 3-4 times a week in one sitting. Or eating two frozen burritos after school, loaded with cheese salsa and sour cream, and then dinner an hour and a half later!

My kids are underweight, currently. They are extremely picky eaters. I dont want them to continue to be picky, so I have implemented food charts for them. Some people think this is extreme and that I am wrong in doing this. The food charts are broken up into days of the week and they get stickers each time they eat a fruit/vegetable/meat/etc. They know that certain categories (for my daughter it is bread, she could eat a loaf a day if I let her) she only gets so many servings. Why? because when I talked to her doctor regarding how to get her weight up, my options were the Pediasure EXPENSIVE drink to provide additional nutrients and calories, or get her on a better eating habits, and not fill up on starches and liquids (juice, milk, etc). It isnt good to eat only one type of food, so her favorite food (butter bread) HAS to be limited. This is teaching her now that things need to be in moderation, rather than eating all the bread you want and not eating any chicken or whatever.

Butter Bread! One of my child time treats and I would put sugar on it!! -- so bad