Salad Combos

Options
ilovelucy711
ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
I need your favorite salad combos! I usually spend so much money and calories grabbing fast food. I need to know what basic ingredients I should keep on hand. I am on a tight budget too.

Replies

• Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    i like cucumber, red onion, red pepper, feta cheese and greek yogurt! Add a can of tuna too yummy
  • gila24
    gila24 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bag of salad mixes, nuts, fruits (strawberries, raspberries, oranges), beans, corn, fish, grilled chicken, olives, feta cheese, hemp hearts
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Mixed baby greens, dry roasted unsalted almonds, sliced bell pepper, craisins, crimini mushrooms, diced green apple, gorgonzola, and a basic vinaigrette. I make my own with EVOO, balsamic, and a dollop of dijon mustard to emulsify it.
  • emily406
    emily406 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mixed greens, grilled chicken, mango, and avocado. So simple but so good! :love:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Cos lettuce, egg, shortcut bacon (a rasher), chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, some cheese & low cal caeser dressing.

Feta is always good to put in a salad because of its creaminess, therefore you don't have to add any dressing (well I don't & if I do its a little splash of extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar).

I like the sweet onion dressing from Subway & used to put that on my salads when a friend got me a bag of the dressing from Subway otherwise we can't buy it here in Australia (in a jar).
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Lettuce, rocket leaves, corn, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, and shrimp/crab sticks/chicken/salami/mozzarella cheese chopped up and sprinkled on top- YUM! Oh- and that Japanese salad dressing- delicious and non-fat, and low-cal! Wafu, I think it's called.