Excess calories

Options
Forgive me if this has been asked, I'm tired and don't feel like poking around the forums right now. This counting calories is new to me, I've done the whole Weight Watcher's Points thing, and it was a little more flexible. I just want to get it right. I lost 1.6 pounds last week while trying it out and playing, not really being serious, so I'm motivated now.

Normally, I'm eating over my calories, but today for some reason, I just wasn't overly hungry, plus I ran. Therefore, I'm about ready to go to sleep, and I'm left with almost 700 calories left to eat for the day. Since I really don't feel like binging out right before I go to sleep, do I just strike the points off as a loss, or (or is this just wishful thinking?) do I get to tack them on to tomorrow's total?

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Instead of focusing on your daily net calories, focus on the weekly. If you average out over seven days at about your goal, that's good. So if you have a few days where you go over and a few where you go under, you should be good.

Sounds like you don't need to eat this evening since you said you had a few days going over. Your body won't mind and nothing bad is going to happen as a result.

Have a good night's rest!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. Me, I'd eat those suckers back tomorrow but if you find you still aren't hungry forget about it.

I take a weekly approach to my calories, so I just try to make it balance by Sunday.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm learning so much about this site every day...I didn't know there was a weekly tracker until today! So much more on-line than on the app.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The app has a weekly tracker as well