Night snacking vs. coke zero

Options
So I have cut of eating after 7 because it cuts all the mindless snacking that I do at night and a reason to turn down my husbands dessert traps. So to curb any sweet tooth that I have I drink coke zero. But everybody on here has me freaked and paranoid about drinking coke zero. So I guess my question is should I try and figure out a low calorie option or stick with my zero calorie soda option.

Replies

• Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    h81C2DEEA
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water, or very cold water.
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    h81C2DEEA

Thank you! That's all I needed to hear! I love it when you guys post the funny anecdotal pics!!
  • Justjamie0418
    Options
    In all seriousness. It'll be ok. There is bad stuff in most anything that isnt raw/organic/yadda. I however am a HUGE diet soda drinker and I like Coke Zero when I am craving something pretty sweet. Somedays I try to limit myself to one diet drink... and the rest water.. or there are days like today where I have chugged 6+ cans of diet soda.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero is literally the devil.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    So I have cut of eating after 7 because it cuts all the mindless snacking that I do at night and a reason to turn down my husbands dessert traps. So to curb any sweet tooth that I have I drink coke zero. But everybody on here has me freaked and paranoid about drinking coke zero. So I guess my question is should I try and figure out a low calorie option or stick with my zero calorie soda option.

I do the same i have one after dinner if i cant fit in ice cream! Don't let people talk you out of anything had i big convo about it last week on a thread.
  • bszczek
    bszczek Posts: 10
    Options
    It's funny that i saw this cause i'm totally drinking one right now....i say if one coke zero prevents you from eating a half gallon of ice cream or stuffing your face with other carbs (why i do it)....then drink it. =)
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and drink it. Then smile pretty for the camera. Oh wait. You have no teeth left. My bad.
  • Justjamie0418
    Options
    rhony-luann-eyeroll.gif
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm a diet soda drinker, too and when I lost 20 lbs last year in a couple months I continued drinking diet soda the whole time, so I'm not one of those "soda is evil" people. The only thing I see potentially wrong with this is for many drinking diet soda perpetuates snacking because diet sodas has sweeteners that are 100% sweeter than sugar so you become accustomed to sweeter foods and crave more of those sweet foods.
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Soda is also very acidic and wears down the enamel in your teeth. It has a pH of 2.5-3. For reference, vinegar is also 2.5.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and drink it. Then smile pretty for the camera. Oh wait. You have no teeth left. My bad.

Yeah if you don't no how to use a tooth brush! :noway:
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero is literally the devil.

I know I keep drinking it and I have so much gas coming out of my bunghole
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Yeah if you don't no how to use a tooth brush! :noway:

Exactly! LOL
  • natasa26ca
    natasa26ca Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I usually have a plain yogurt as my after dinner snack but since you are looking for something sweet why not get fruit yogurt or even better dark chocolate or cinnemon
  • lisbethschopenhauer
    lisbethschopenhauer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Aspartame which in studies has been linked to e.g, brain-cancer growth is the sweetener of coke zero. Ask yourself how much of this you want to put in your body.
    I'm not judging here, but everyone should have the best available information to make their own choices.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ylQD40H-U

(pls excuse my bad english, I'm not native)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Eat some fruit instead it will be way healthier with out the terrible chemicals. Seriously go google some of that crap it nasty
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    ^google is definitely not a reliable source of information. Lots of pseudoscience. The myth that artificial sweeteners cause cancer was disproved decades ago.

Coke Zero is fine. It's not going to do anything detrimental.
  • peaceissues
    peaceissues Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Don't let people scare you! I replaced regular soda with diet soda, and so far i've already lost 17lbs..
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    You should treat what they say like you'd treat any other unsubstantiated claim. They still have yet to meet their burden of proof with real evidence.