I Hit Rock Bottom

Options
so i was doing good for a WHILE and lost about 30 lbs but then i started getting depressed and life got a little overwhelming. it was a downward spiral and i gained over 10 Lbs in just 2 months!! I am Now putting all my effort in it again and was wondering have any of you been through this and what advice can you give? How do you let your emotions not get in the way of your goals? and how can you fight the urge to give up!?

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Many people have been where you are. You and only you can decide if this is the right time for you to lose weight. You know it will take commitment, determination, and some sacrifices. For me, the rewards of being healthier and fitter are well worth the year of hard work and perseverance it took to lose almost 50 pounds.

One of my favorite MFP quotes is: "You can have excuses or results, but not both".
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am going through that right now. My BFF is dying and it will just be days now before she is gone. I can't give up! I know if I do that it will be so hard for me to get back here. I also know that she would not want me to give up. I told her the other day I had lost 27 pounds and she said good for you.

I can't control my world. But I can control what I do with my body. So when I am stressed I work out. I am sure if I could use the treadmill and cry. I would, but I know I would fall off.

Dig deep within yourself and find that place. You can make it through the hard times.
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Kamp...I am so happy to see you back! You were rocking it there for awhile and I know you can do it again! You still have lost 20 pounds and that is nothing to sneeze at buddy! Just move forward and don't look back. The past is done, now you just need to dig down and focus on the future! You can do it. I know life throws curve balls at you and I am afraid that is not going to change over your lifetime. Just take it one day at a time. Heck, one hour at a time, one meal at a time.

Just to see you back makes me feel that you want this and that you care, otherwise you wouldn't have logged back on.

Hang in there Kamp and I am happy to see you back! :)
  • kamp150
    kamp150 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thanks y'all