Peanut Butter Powder

Options
tamrod2
tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
I came across some peanut butter powder today at the store and thought it would be pretty good in a smoothie. Was pretty excited to see how low in calories it was compared to regular peanut butter. Was wondering if anyone has tried it in other food ideas or recipes?

Replies

• bantu2
    bantu2 Posts: 6
    Options
    Peanut butter powder...i'm intrigued!
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    Yep, I love Chocolate PB2 and use it in all kinds of stuff, a lot of my baking, and I also love to dip bananas in it and top my ice cream with it. There are some recipe ideas here: http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes.
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This stuff is awesome! I put it in oatmeal or porridge, greek yogurt, anything you'd normally put peanut butter on. The company (Bell Plantation) has a facebook page if you're on Facebook. And their website has tons of recipes too. There's also a chocolate variety that's ok, not as chocolatey as I'd hoped, but still nice for a little variance.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    peter_zps4817fb0d.gif
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    peter_zps4817fb0d.gif

Aw come on now. It's not that bad. All it is is roasted peanut flour minus the peanut oil. Instead of reconstituting it with peanut oil, you use water. Yeah, it lacks the "oomph" of real peanut butter. But if you're looking for something light, it's great. That said, you miss out on the healthy fats in real peanut butter when you substitute it in.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have the pb and the chocolate. Love them... I use in smoothies but use on rice cakes, bread, etc.
  • Changeisachoice
    Changeisachoice Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    LOVE it in banana smoothies!
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I bought PB2 for smoothies too. I use 1 frozen banana, 6oz light vanilla yogurt, 2 Tbs of PB2, splash of skim milk to make smooth. I also throw in some chocolate syrup sometimes too.

The other way I use it is for a lighter milkshake- I use light chocolate ice cream or frozen yogurt, PB2, and skim milk.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I came across some peanut butter powder today at the store and thought it would be pretty good in a smoothie. Was pretty excited to see how low in calories it was compared to regular peanut butter. Was wondering if anyone has tried it in other food ideas or recipes?

I got some pb2 over the weekend.

Holy sheet. I'm in love with it, amped peanut butter flavor, not causing me any of the odd quirks I have when I eat normal peanut butter, mixes well in my protein shakes. Wub wub, dubstep to flavor town.

I love it, and it's super cheap.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    The other way I use it is for a lighter milkshake- I use light chocolate ice cream or frozen yogurt, PB2, and skim milk.

Not for nothing, but the idea of a light milkshake made me laugh. I was dying for a milkshake last night, I got better though.
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input:bigsmile:
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i put it in my banana milkshakes too ...love it! not the same consistancy as regular peanut butter but with only 46 calories for 2 tablespoons....you cant beat it lol!
    i also make it into a paste with raspberry jam and spread onto my corn/rice cakes.
    its not cheap in the UK tho and i have to buy online from Amazon!:wink:
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am in love with PB2!!! I am so glad when a friend introduced me to it. I stayed away from regular peanut butter due to the high calorie content. PB2 only has 45 calories for the same amount of peanut butter :-).... Had a peanut butter and banana sandwich the other day....mmmm :bigsmile: